Celtic Dreams

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Agatha stands in the clearing with the dogs flanking her. She summons the power of her blood and her wounds start to heal. Blood soaked and sweat stained she will stand ald allow her dogs to speak for her. They have more than earned this right.

Jaik

First Post
Aerick has enough woodslore to know Sidhe when he sees them. Like a startled woodland creature, he freezes in place, watching danger. Seeing that they are speaking with the Giant, Aerick will remain motionless, ready to strike in defense of his warband, hoping his immobility will drop him from the Sidhe's awareness.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
DrZombie said:
At your question a look of regret mixed with anger crosses his face. "This used to be our lands, yes , a long time ago, before the rise of the lesser races."

Cauaros, looking at the three visitors, and hearing them talk, your bardic senses scream at you.

Beware the Sidhe. They are quick to anger and slow to forgive....

"I understand good lord" Cauaros continues with great respect hoping to sooth the sidhes anger before it rises, especially with the others so obviously poised for action

"The formori here are undone and our service given. As for us we are merely travellers and our steps do not linger long good friends." the bard quickly changes focus to the service rendered in removing the Formori and the company's intention to move on before the Sidhe turn to their mischief

Michael Tree

First Post
(For the sake of convenience, lets say that we already know each other. As a youth, Eofyn was fostered in the tribe you all are from and fought as a part of this warband, before returning home several years ago.)
With his otherworldly sight, Eofyn sees the Sidhe in all their terrible glory. He strides forward, respectful but unafraid.

"These are strange times, when the daughter of the moon and her wolves slay the prey of the ancient ones. We are honored by your presence and by your generous words, most noble of lords. I am called Eofyn, witch-born. What may we call you?"

Edit: I wrote this before Cauaros replied, but the posting was delayed

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Cauaros raises an eyebrow as Eofyn steps forward with his word of greeting. The Giant says nothing but wonders if it is such a wise idea to give ones name so freely to the peerless ones or to seek their names so directly - there is power in names afterall...

(ooc if asking names is offensive to the Sidhe then Cauaros quickly intercepts Eofyn admonishing his rudeness. Its a bit hard to know what Sidhe lore is actually being applied in game, but I assume Cauaros' bardic knowledge has it covered)

DrZombie

First Post
"You may call me Aellwynn, Eofyn-witch-born. You have done us a a favor, although unintentional and unknowing." He says, as he walks towards the fallen leader of the fomori. Drawing his needle-sharp sword, elegant in its deadly beauty, he slices open the leather pouch on the side of the fomori's belt. A silver neclace with a red ruby rolls out. Lifting it with the tip of his sword, he holds it up, looking at it. "A great service indeed."
With a deft movement of his wrist, he flicks the necklace up and takes it in his other hand, laughing as though he finds something very amusing.

"Well, well, what to do now? Let it not be said that Lord Aellwynn does not reward those that have done him a service. Each of you may ask, humans, a question or an item, and you will receive. Let it be so" With that, he stamps his foot on the ground, three times.

Michael Tree

First Post
Tonguez said:
The Giant says nothing but wonders if it is such a wise idea to give ones name so freely to the peerless ones or to seek their names so directly - there is power in names afterall...[/I])
Eofyn didn't ask them for their names. He asked what we could call them. There's a huge difference, mythologically.

Admittedly it was a somewhat reckless for him to give his own name, but it would be impolite to ask them what he might call them without introducing himself first.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Michael Tree said:
Eofyn didn't ask them for their names. He asked what we could call them. There's a huge difference, mythologically.
[yep, that's how I interpreted it, and it was a good call on your part]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Michael Tree said:

Ah yes touche - I need to read more carefully before responding:)

Seonaid

Explorer
Diarmat, male fighter 3

[I was trying to say that Diarmat is part of Agatha's band, and was given permission to catch up with them after the wedding. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I assume that we all know each other, and fairly well.]

When none of the others step forward, Diarmat clears his throat. "My lord," he says hesitantly, "I have heard of spears that always strike true, and of shields that deflect the most deadly of blows . . . I would ask for something useful in combat." He bows awkwardly before retreating a step, as if trying to take the Sidhe's attention from him.

Last edited:

Remove ads