Celtic Dreams

DrZombie

First Post
Seonaid said:
When none of the others step forward, Diarmat clears his throat. "My lord," he says hesitantly, "I have heard of spears that always strike true, and of shields that deflect the most deadly of blows . . . I would ask for something useful in combat."
"Done" The Sidhe-Lord sais. "a magnificent spear you shall receive."
He looks at the rest of the group seeing that none dare reply to his offer.
"Twice more shall I ask, if any of you want gifts of word or substance, freely asked and freely given. Is there anything you want,an answer to a question or an item ,ask and you will freely receive it."

[sense motive check evryone]

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Diarmat steps back once more, satisfied with the response but slightly confused as well. I suppose it will be given to me, or appear, sometime soon. [Sense Motive: roll 14 + modifier 2 = 16]

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Nak continues to eye the Sidhe warily. And looks about at his companions, a sour look for any 'unwise' requests...

Sense Motive=15 (roll 13+2 skill).

Michael Tree

First Post
[Sense motive: 12 roll + 10 skill = 22]

Eofyn smiles slightly, and says "It seems your House's might preceeds you, Aellwyn Lord, for my companions ware to insult your generosity with ill-considered requests."

[Eofyn takes a breath and begins to speak his request, and as soon as you say what the result of the sense motive check is, I'll tell you what it is. ;)]

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Sense motive checks:

10+ : The sidhe lord seems sincere

15+ : The Sidhe lord seems sincere, however, he looks as if he’s getting upset.

20+ :he Sidhe lord is sincere in his request, however he’s getting angry because he feels insulted by your silence.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Sense Motive 6 + 6 = 12 Bardic Knowledge 18+5=23

Cauaros considers the offer made his mind casting back over the many words of history and wisdom that are contained within his prodigious memory for any hint of who this sidhe lord -Aellwynn-maybe and when if ever such an occasion as this has before occured and the result thereof

Taking Eofyns lead the giant apologises "indeed so good sirs, your generous offer has caused my tongue to falter that I cannot yet think of what boon to ask. Perhaps a word then will suffice for me, a seeker after wisdom. Please tell what is the significance of that necklace and its ruby that you recovered from the dead Fomori's pouch?"

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Tonguez said:
Sense Motive 6 + 6 = 12 Bardic Knowledge 18+5=23

Cauaros considers the offer made his mind casting back over the many words of history and wisdom that are contained within his prodigious memory for any hint of who this sidhe lord -Aellwynn-maybe and when if ever such an occasion as this has before occured and the result thereof
Aellwynn the poet, Aellwynn the hunter, Aellwynn kinslayer, Aellwynn the cruel. These are all names of the same Sidhe lord. Legend says he was once a gentle poet-warrior, a Sidhe that inspired the Skalds, a good humoured and kind man. All that changed when his wife and baby-son got kidnapped by Baelael, a Fomori jealous of Aellwynns grace and fame. Never-resting, he hunted from the east to the west, from the sky to the ground, from the sun to the moon, for he could hear their anguished cries echo in his mind. Hundred years and a day it took him to find them, time being of no import to the Sidhe. Then he found the lair of baeleal. Battling his minions, he went to the deepest dungeon to find the creatures his wife and son had become. He slew them. Baelael fled to a nearby human town.
Aellwynn found him, and slew him, and he slew the entire village as well, men, wives and children, for they had sheltered his enemy, and if he should have no more pleasure, neither should they.
Now he is the warleader aganst the Fomori, knowing no mercy. It is said he knows but two people, his friends and his enemies, for if you are not one you must be the other.

Legends are full of people receiving gifts from the Sidhe. Gifts that were given freely are benificial to the receiver, beginning a life of heroic adventures. Gifts that were given because the sidhe were forced or duped turn against their owner, leavin him emberassed at best, messily dead at worst.

Tonguez said:
Taking Eofyns lead the giant apologises "indeed so good sirs, your generous offer has caused my tongue to falter that I cannot yet think of what boon to ask. Perhaps a word then will suffice for me, a seeker after wisdom. Please tell what is the significance of that necklace and its ruby that you recovered from the dead Fomori's pouch?"
This? It is the neclace of the queen herself, stolen from her when she was taking a bath by the side of the river. She was furious it was stolen from her, and her guardians will be very pleased that her temper will ease, for she's fierce like an icestorm, biting and stinging in cold anger, when she is in a rage.

Last edited:

Jaik

First Post
Aerik steps forward at last. "My Lord, i would ask a simple thing, yet one valuable beyond measuring. I would ask for a token saying that I have aided Lord Aellwynn and that you were grateful. No fine weapon, nor mound of treasure, but simply a symbol of your thanks. This would be of most value to me."

Remove ads