• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ceramic DM/Short Story Smackdown '08

tadk

Explorer
Well I would like to thank my esteemed competitor for a wonderful entry. Sky Mice vs the Evil Space Cats was powerful and moving. Shame I won right.

So where is my prize for winning?????

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
mythago said:
Geez, since when did "ping" mean "get another person's attention by clouting them across the head with a baling hook"?!
I'll have you know I have the most successful pings in the industry, thank you very much.

Piratecat said:
I'll have you know I have the most successful pings in the industry, thank you very much.

Market indicators show that in five years, pings will be where podcasts are today.

Mythago; were you in for judging or writing?

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Hi everybody! I've never done one of these before. But I've read some, and I think I understand the rules... so if there's still an opening, I'm in! (For writing, that is - don't think I should judge without having done it before, as someone pointed out above.) Somebody might have to help me with procedure at some point.

Looking forward to it!

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
With the additions of Mythago, Starman and Ycore Rixie, we either need one more competitor or one more judge (depending on whether Mythago is in for writing or judging) and if one of the judges is willing to choose the pictures... we're golden!

awayfarer

First Post
Piratecat said:

Bah. You've just got a machine that goes *ping*. That doesn't count. It's not a *ping* unless it's hand-crafted in the old world tradition, like grandma used to make. And it should cause a small Italian boy to run home whenever it's used.

In any case, I'm just saying that I've lost faith in the *ping* industry since it was modernized. Sure pings arrive in our grocery stores, gas stations and zoos with remarkable speed now, but where's the sense of pride that comes form owning a *ping*? You just don't get that with modern, shoddy machine made *ping*'s.

If that's not enough, think of the children in Yakutsk who slave away in those cramped *ping* factories for pennies a day. To make matters worse the *ping* factories are ruining the ozone layer. I'm sure we're all aware that diiscarded foreign workers are shot up into the stratosphere where they collide with ozone molecules. For pennies a day!

BSF

Explorer
I am sending out a message to see if I can drum up another Judge.

If you guys would like though, I will be happy to set up a bracket real quick. I could even pick out pictures for you, if that really is a sticking point. Rodrigo, let me know - in channel or out of channel.

BSF said:
I am sending out a message to see if I can drum up another Judge.

If you guys would like though, I will be happy to set up a bracket real quick. I could even pick out pictures for you, if that really is a sticking point. Rodrigo, let me know - in channel or out of channel.

Another judge would be good. As far as brackets and picture selection, I'll leave that up to the judges. I'm not in charge here :)

Although, Berandor v Piratecat in the first round wouldn't be unwelcome.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads