• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

CG's Dragon of Icespire Peak [OOC][FULL]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Want to return to simpler days? Now is your chance.

You've heard Phandalin needs heroes still, even in the days since the Champions of Phandalin made a name for themselves reclaiming the Wave Echo Cave.

Join me in playing this adventure.

1st level characters. 27 point buy. Multiclassing/Feats/Variant Humans. Standard Starting Equipment,some swapping allowed, run by me. Custom backgrounds ok, just run by me. Backstory, Seven sentence limit.

I'll run with even a single player, I'll take up to 6.

TallIan

Explorer
Yay, a new game, I'm in.

I'm thinking arcane knight (if we get there) or paladin. Magic enhanced front line fighter anyway.

EDIT: maybe This Guy with a modified story

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Explorer
Random thought, I am planning to play the seasonal affiliation of this guy in 4 day cycles. What would you say to having his cantrips change depending on the season?

Say...
Spring: Thorn Whip
Summer: Produce Flame
Autumn: Gust
Winter: Frostbite

The other cantrip will probably just be druidcraft.

gargoyleking

Explorer
Here's what I've got so far.

Sythaeryn Wynroris Eladrin Druid 1 NG AC HP Speed 30ft Str 10 (0) Dex 16 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 15 (2) Int 8 (-1) Cha 14 (2)AttacksScimitar +5 1d6+3 SDagger +5 1d4+3 PSling +5 1d4+4 B RACE: Eladrin (Elf)
Abil: +2 Dex, +1 Cha
Speed: 30 ft., Size: Medium
Darkvision: 60 ft
Keen Senses: Prof Perception
Fey Ancestry: Adv: Save vs. Charm, immune to sleep
Trance: Meditate 4 hours instead of sleep.
Lang: Common, Elvish
Subrace: Eladrin
Fey Step: Magical teleport 30 feet can see. 1/SR
BACKGROUND: Outlander
Prof: Athletics, Survival, Harp, Sylvan
Origin: Guide
Feature: Wanderer
CLASS: Druid
Armor: Light, Med, Shields (No metal)
Weap: club, dagger, dart, javelin, mace, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, sling, spear
Tools: Herbalism kit
Saves: Int, Wis
Skills: Animal Handling, Nature
Spellcasting:
Cantrips
Prepare: Druid Lev+Wis (3)
Ritual Casting: Prepared Druid (R) Spell

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Ideally, this adventure starts with a party that knows each other enough to arrive in Phandalin together, even if just from the road. Having enough of a connection that you’d continue to work together at least at first would help.

jmucchiello

Adventurer
So we have a druid, rogue, barbarian, warlock, and arcane knight/paladin, right? Not a bad mix, a little magic light perhaps.

gargoyleking

Explorer
Not really, I'd say we're about even all told. Guess I'll be the primary healer. Good thing I was thinking of going circle of dreams.

gargoyleking

Explorer
Sythaeryn was born to a large if humble family of eladrin who had migrated to the prime material plane some centuries before. His home was large, but humble and his siblings many. So despite the size of his home, he was rarely able to find the space and quiet he craved. Naturally, he gravitated to the wilderness surrounding their settlement and as time grew on, he began to wander further and further afield.

One day, war came to their settlement. Orcs, having overhunted their hunting grounds began to prey upon other settlements in the region. Sythaeryn had been out scouting when it happened. He'd even stumbled upon the tracks of the war party which led to his home. In a panic, he ran to try to warn his family, but they were already gone. The house had been burned, and his family either slain, or scattered by the attack. Realizing that he was no longer safe here, Sythaeryn fled.

On his many wanderings, Sythaeryn had happebed upon a grove of trees in the woods. At this place, he'd discovered a presence which soothed him and at rare times of stress and emotion, he went to this grove to seek solace. On this occasion however, he found other people. Humans and elves mostly, who were tending to the grove as if it were a garden.

These people were hostile at first, accusing him of intruding on their sacred grove. He convinced them however that he was, like they, drawn to the serenity of the place and now had nowhere else to go. And thus, Sythaeryn became a druid.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I'd like to start discussing how the player's run into each other, and pick up the game at their entry to Phandalin. Basically Phandalin is kind of a frontier town, gaining some importance to the mining industry. Rumor holds that there is some money and glory to be had helping out the town deal with threats. Reliable reports say a group now called the "Heroes of Phandelver" did just that.

You may have known each other earlier, joined up in Neverwinter for mutual protection on the roads, or met on the roads. Once we have a rough idea, we can start our little adventure.

gargoyleking

Explorer
Chances are Sythaeryn was met on the road. He's not much of a people person, and would likely be looking into something that's having an ecological impact on the wilderness.

Also, he's in summer mode, so probably of a bit of a crusade at the moment.

Advertisement