• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chainmail Game

Green Knight

First Post
So basically, no one else plays and it is a failure afterall?

Where the hell did you get that out of my post to you? Did I or did I not say that there's a League starting (Has started) in my local game store? If no one else played it, then there'd BE no League, would there?

I REALLY hate it when people put words in my mouth.

As for failure, who knows. I'm not privy to Hasbro's or WoTC's sales figures. But judging from the Chainmail forum at the D&D message board, there're a lot of players all over. There're a lot of Chainmail players here locally in Miami. And that's just counting the people I've personally met. And at my local game store, the Chainmail figures sell really well. The store owner was pretty happy with the way they were selling. However, just because they won't say there'll be product next year doesn't mean there won't be. They won't say if they'll be releasing anything for D&D next year. Does that mean that they're cancelling D&D? Not hardly. WoTC just doesn't talk about what they're gonna do next year in general.

Green Knight

First Post
Oh yeah, as for Ghostwind. It does only have rules for advancing your Warlord, but from what I understand, the hardcover book that comes out in September will have more indepth campaign rules. So who knows. That may have the rules for advancing everone. Not just the warlord.

Also, Drow come out August. There're only 2 Drow units, now (the 2nd coming out this month), but come August the Drow will come out in full force as a full-fledged faction. After that they'll be getting 1 unit a month just like every faction. Yuan-Ti will follow them as a regular faction (Don't know when they come out. Though I do know they are planning to have a Yuan-Ti faction. Maybe in Set 5 or 6?)

And Set 5, which comes out Oct-Dec of this year is called Dragon's Flight. From what I understand, it'll have dragons. A Drider will also be released in Set 4. While I can't confirm it, I've also heard rumblings about giants in Set 5, as well as dragons. Don't hold me to that one, though.

Regdar

First Post
Bah, look before you leap!

Bah and Regdar hates it when others put words in Regdar's mouth, Regdar was commenting on the lack of responses, you being the only one. So climb down off your horse.

Regdar hopes it sticks around, it is the only choice for "official mini's"

Remove ads