• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.

Challenge: The Dread Thread Necromancer!

Azzy

Explorer
We've been seeing a lot of thread necromancy in these here parts of the interwebs. In fact, just today there are a couple several-year-old threads that have been reanimated (for good or bad). Rather than lament the state of decay of these ressurected threads, I figured I could turn this into a fun board challenge.

So, how would YOU stat up a high-level thread necromancer (using the edition of your choice, and making any silly thread-related game rules you think fits) to threaten the adventurers of ENWorld?

ccs

39th lv DM
I'd limit thread necromancy to being a prestige option for those who orinally started the thread, others who've attained 20th lv +, subscribers. & of course those of Moderator + status.

Threads would auto-lock after 3 months of inactivity.
After that point you could view them, but unless you're of the proper lv/status you couldn't disturb thier rest.
Of course you could always petition someone qualified (or pay your due$)....
This should keep this foul practice under control.

CapnZapp

Adventurer
I believe them folks over at Giant in the Foot forums persecute practitioners of the foul arts.

Where's the fun in that?

digitalelf

Explorer
The Thread - Necromancer

CLIMATE/TERRAIN: Subterranean Basements
FREQUENCY: Rare
ORGANIZATION: Solitary
ACTIVITY CYCLE: Any (Nocturnal Preferred)
DIET: Usually Subsists on a Steady Diet of Junk Food
INTELLIGENCE: Exceptional (15 – 16)
TREASURE: Collection of Action Figures and/or Pewter Miniatures
ALIGNMENT: Any

NO. APPEARING: 1
ARMOR CLASS: 10 (Usually Unarmored)
MOVEMENT: Nil (Couch Potato)
HIT DICE: Any
THACO: 20 or Better
NO. OF ATTACKS: Nil or Special
DAMAGE/ATTACK: Special
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Computer Wizard
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Nil
MAGIC RESISTANCE: Nil
SIZE: M or L
MORALE: Unreliable (2 – 4), Fearless While Online (19 – 20)
XP VALUE: Variable

Advertisement