Level Up (A5E) Changes to movement and AoOs

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
we got "spring attack" and "shoot on the run" feats from 3E for free in 5E.

That alone is a HUGE boost to mobility. It should not come with no risk at all.
You lost charge (without feats) and 5' step so it's a little yes and a little no.

I miss the 5' step most of all as it let the stand and hack characters have something to do with their move even in a tight scrum.

What's missing most of all that affects melee mobility is the lack of reasons (i.e. small bonuses like flanking or high ground) to bother moving.

Horwath

Legend
You lost charge (without feats) and 5' step so it's a little yes and a little no.

I miss the 5' step most of all as it let the stand and hack characters have something to do with their move even in a tight scrum.

What's missing most of all that affects melee mobility is the lack of reasons (i.e. small bonuses like flanking or high ground) to bother moving.

well, we did get rid of the clumsy "full-attack" action. But yes, they could have keps "5ft shift" as movement.

Like Pathfinder 2, I would like if they got rid of OAs for everything (the ill-tempered hedgehog) and made it a Fighter and certain monster specific feature (maybe optionally gained by a Feat).

Remove ads