Release [Chaosium] Call of Cthulhu arrives on digital collectable app VeVe

Parmandur

Book-Friend
NFTs are not scams or pyramid schemes. They are, IMO, a fad and likely a bad investment idea . . . but not scams.

The environmental issue is real, although I'm not convinced their environmental impact is greater than anything else in modern society. And folks are already working on different methods of delivery for both cryptocurrency and NFTs that will have less of an environmental impact.

I don't see the appeal or sense of NFTs, I am uncomfortable with their current environmental impacts, and I won't be purchasing these or any other NFTs or crypto-anything . . . but no, not scams. Just bad ideas.
I mean, it literally is a Ponzi scheme with a tech veneer

Parmandur

Book-Friend
NFTs are not scams or pyramid schemes. They are, IMO, a fad and likely a bad investment idea . . . but not scams.

The environmental issue is real, although I'm not convinced their environmental impact is greater than anything else in modern society. And folks are already working on different methods of delivery for both cryptocurrency and NFTs that will have less of an environmental impact.

I don't see the appeal or sense of NFTs, I am uncomfortable with their current environmental impacts, and I won't be purchasing these or any other NFTs or crypto-anything . . . but no, not scams. Just bad ideas.
Just to add, I don't mean that all crypto is a pyramid scheme, Doge Coin is legitimate, of all things. But NFTs, specifically, are a pyramid scheme wearing a Crypto suit to seem sophisticated.

Just saw this tweet from two weeks ago. Looks like they have no interest in stopping. Sad news.

For anyone who wants a better understanding of NFTs, I would encourage you to watch the Folding Ideas documentary on it. It's quite long, but it's one of the best videos I've seen on the subject and on YouTube in general in quite some time:

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
It's only a matter of time until we get dnd nfts
Very possible. Hasbro is the right type of conglomerate who would see very easy profits and damn the torpedoes.

But then, If and when that happens, I expect most of this board to dunk on them for that too. Not to mention the rest of dnd internet.

Last edited:

Greggy C

Hero
I can see the value of an electronic piece of art that only you, the owner, can display digitally at high resolution. Everyone else has a poopy screenshot. All depends on how much you love that painting. I never played Call of Cthulhu so it doesn't mean anything to me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases