Character Builder Status

Quickleaf

Legend
Thanks [MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION] for the link to the forum thread. I read those posts and it seems that all WOTC_Trevor is saying is that updates won't be planned and on time anymore. Of course, that has been the case for severwl months. Maybe someone just realized that they might as well make it official that they can't keep to the monthly update schedule. The way I read it is that they'll update at a more "organic" (and slower) pace, not that they weren't going to update at all.

Btw, when was the last update for the CB? November last year? If so, that *is* an excessively long wait period (and sadly par for the course with WotC's digital initiatives).

MadmanMike83

Explorer
Thanks darjr for posting the link (I'm a lurker, not a poster, hence no links yet). My main complaint isn't that there won't be regular updates but rather how that "announcement" was made. As a customer I sort assume that the companies I patronize, particularly those to whom I pay a monthly fee, will treat me with a certain level of respect. The total lack of up front and forward communication with regards to how Wizards plans to handle its current Digital product line (which I am still paying for) is what really bugs me.

MadmanMike83

Explorer
The best that can be said about DDI Tools as they exist today is that "They work most of the time." Though trying to send a paragon or higher level character sheet to a printer over Wifi and you'll test that theory (thanks MS Silverlight!).

Storminator

First Post
The best that can be said about DDI Tools as they exist today is that "They work most of the time." Though trying to send a paragon or higher level character sheet to a printer over Wifi and you'll test that theory (thanks MS Silverlight!).

I almost always print to pdf and then print the pdf. Seems to be much more stable. Sad, but workable.

PS

Remove ads