D&D 4E Character concepts influenced by 4E?

Vayden

First Post
So we've seen a lot of threads on which class/race combo you're planning to play when 4E comes out. What I'm wondering with this thread is, are there any particular character concepts /backgrounds that 4E has inspired you to play?

Here's mine for an example - obviously I may have to tweak it a fair bit depending on the rest of the party etc:

Dragonborn Paladin evil bodyguard - I was inspired to this character by 3 pieces of 4E - the fact that paladins aren't alignment restricted anymore, the R&C write-up of Dragonborn as having a culture based much more heavily on honor than morality and selling themselves as mercenaries, and this picture:
http://www.wocstudios.com/images/4e12.jpg

The basic idea is my character is bound to protect one of the other PCs by an ancient oath his ancestors swore, passed down through my clan from generation to generation. I'm thinking something along the lines of the other PCs ancestors being the rulers/high priests of some evil ancient empire, and my clan of Dragonborn being the dark paladins sworn to protect them. The ancient empire fell, and the current generation may have no idea of their history, but a member of my clan is assigned to guard each person in the bloodline. We don't disturb their lives if we can help it, but if they put themselves in danger, we put ourselves in between them and the danger. :)

Anyone else got something? (Daddy needs NPCs for the other 4E campaign he'll be DMing)

Remove ads