Character Creation Now Supported: Let's Make Some Characters!

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
I went with a Halfling Fighter w/ Sharpshooter fighting style, Woodsman Background (I guessed proper skills as Natural Lore, Stealth, and Survival, wish I could have also had Spot and Animal Handling, but extra skills might be a Ranger feature). Oddly enough I did NOT take the Archer specialty, instead opting for Lurker.

I also toyed with the idea of having Rogue for the base class, but with Deadly Strike, I could add +1d6 dmg per round to my attacks, and as a rogue I'd need to be hidden to use sneak attack. Lurker still gives me a good option for getting Advantage and also lets me keep stealth at ranged after taking a shot at level 3.

Of course, when more Ranger-esque stuff is put out, I may need to re-spec this character so he can begin with a pet wolf to ride on...

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
I'm looking forward to the Warlord being introduced; this concept doesn't seem to work as a regular Fighter given the options presented:

Character Concept: Centurion

Human Fighter, Background: Centurion (One I made up, Skills: Intimidate, Geog. Lore, Prof. (Military) Lore), Specialty: Dual Wielder, Combat Style: Protector.

I wanted a High-Int, high CHA fighter type (18 STR, 15 INT, 14 CHA) and it just seems... sub-optimal given the options presented. I hope they make some more warlord-like tactical "specialties" or make it its own class in the future.

Mallus

Legend
Concept: frontier con man/gambler, raised by equivalent of Native Americans, served in the military as a scout.

Mechanics: human rogue, soldier & thug backgrounds, jack-of-all-trades specialization, skills: bluff, intimidate, stealth, streetwise, spot, survival.

Name: Natty Bunco!

(my specialization is in punning...)

the Jester

Legend
I'm going to make a party of four, rolling stats in (the old 1e) order.

And my first roll was an 18!!

So far I have two, who each have a little twist but not too much:

Grumpy Grundy, hill dwarf thug soldier fighter
Arcano Psychauto, high elf bounty hunter magic-user wizard

gyor

Legend
Preacher

Race Human

Class Rogue

Background Priest

Scheme Thug

Specialization Alcoylte

The Preacher was taken in by the local temple as a hungery orphan. So greatful for the second chance at a better life he became a true Zealot. He was never asked to join the clerics, he had no interest in magic spells, only in closeness to the gods and in spreading his faith. When the Preacher uses his cantrips he has no idea he's using spells, to him his Gods,have heard his preyers and decided to help. Same with Santified Weapon. To the Preacher his sneak attack isn't skill, its the Gods guiding his hands. So great his devotion he knows more about religion then most clerics.

Cantrips Bless Water and Stabilize

Skills Diplomancy, Intimidate, Religious Lore, Stealth, and Streetwise and one I forget.

Templar

Race: Dwarf Mountain

Class: Fighter, Protector

Background: Knight

Specialization: Acoytle

I through in the Acolyte to give him a touch of religious flavout.

Graverobber

Race: High Elf

Class: Rogue

Background: Sage

Scheme: Thug

Specialization: Necromancer

The Graverobber will use his animate servant to gave advantage as a thug. The Graverobbing robs graves for both burial goods and corpses, selling whatever he doesn't use himself. Uses an innate talent for necromance to put the bodies into use, easier then shoveling. Ray of Frost till we get an necromatic attack cantrip.

Double Priest:

Race: High Elf

Class: Cleric

Background: Charlatan

Domain: Sun

Specialization: Necromancer

This girl is a double Priest who worships and serves Lolth, but pretends to be a shy innocent worshipper of Lanthander. Lolth even hides the lie from the sun God himself. She disguises her Animate Servent under a disguise and calls him her older, mute brother.

Mika

First Post
I was thinking of trying out a High Elf Rogue with the Thief background and the Magic-User specialty. He would wear no armor (since as best I can tell you cannot cast even minor wizard spells in armor) but be able to sneak attack with spells.

gyor

Legend
I was thinking of trying out a High Elf Rogue with the Thief background and the Magic-User specialty. He would wear no armor (since as best I can tell you cannot cast even minor wizard spells in armor) but be able to sneak attack with spells.

I didn't realize you could sneak attack with spell, shame shocking grasp doesn't grant advantage anymore.

I did notice there are no weapon restrictions on sneak attack. You can MC a level of fighter and sneak attack with a great axe.

A Hill Dwarf Rogue (thug) 4/Fighter (slayer) 1 could be cool. You'd have 5d6 sneak attack, 1d6 combat suppierority die, and three combat manuevers, including cleave, prof in all weapons and armour. Imagine making a sneak attack with a Great axe and deadly strike. 8d6 plus strength damage. Suvivour specialty to make up for the low hitpoints. In the right setup you could deal 7d6 (sneak attack plus 2d6 for great axe in dwarf hands) damage, kill your foe and cleave to deal another 7d6 to another foe. Plus you can dump dex for strength and still be good at dex skills like stealth.

Remove ads