• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Generator

BeholderBurger

First Post
I agree!

I know its a bit pie in the sky but I really hope they do sort one out with proper ongoing support. I would definitely pay for an officially supported character generator with ongoing feat and equipment support.

EricNoah

Adventurer
No, they're not.

You'll be able to use the free PC Gen and buy a $5 data set to upgrade it to the 3.5 rules if you want. Or if you have eTools, same deal -- $5 data set will upgrade your etools to 3.5.

www.codemonkeypublishing.com

And I'm guessing some of the other people/groups that produce software will also be using material from the 3.5 SRD to populate their programs, spreadsheets, etc.

Last edited:

BarakO

First Post
KenM said:
IMO they should offer the 3.5 dataset for free. Those are not optional rules.

What? They're completely optional.

If you don't want to go to 3.5, play 3.0. I know people still playing second edition.

Just because they put out a new ruleset doesn't mean you have to get it. Your old books aren't going to turn to dust the moment the new books hit the shelves.

Chaz

First Post
Yeah 3.5 is an upgrade to the game. So to upgrade ET to 3.5 should include a small charge (and it is small ). I mean you dont expect to get the 3.5 rule books free from WotC just because you have the 3.0 ones do you? Of course not.

That said, i will be happy paying a few measly bucks to CMP for the 3.5 data for ET.. however I sure would like to get 3.0 working correctly. Its sooo close right now. Way better than its been, but there seem to be a couple bugs creeping out. Still good job CMP, looking forward to my next 3.0 patch and then the 3.5 data sets.

Peace :)

Ranger REG

Explorer
EricNoah said:
No, they're not.

You'll be able to use the free PC Gen and buy a $5 data set to upgrade it to the 3.5 rules if you want. Or if you have eTools, same deal -- $5 data set will upgrade your etools to 3.5.

www.codemonkeypublishing.com

And I'm guessing some of the other people/groups that produce software will also be using material from the 3.5 SRD to populate their programs, spreadsheets, etc.
Does Code Monkey take checks/money order payment? If not, I'll wait until RPGNow.com can sell them.

Mynex

First Post
Ranger REG said:

Does Code Monkey take checks/money order payment? If not, I'll wait until RPGNow.com can sell them.

Ranger - we're waiting on the 'snail pace of beauracracy' to finish up our new merchant account, then we'll be able to take checks as well as all kinds of plastic. :)

Should be sometime this week we're hoping.. the wheels have been grinding along for a while now...

As for getting them from RPGNow, not likely to happen... The mark-up required to make the same from us selling from our own website is prohibitive... *shrug* something could be worked out, but both RPGNow and ourselves do have to make a living (at least in theory! :p).

Remove ads