• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Characters In Games You've played in...

IronWolf

blank
Current campaign has the following characters in it:

Dwarven Cleric
Human Wizard
Dwarven Fighter
Half-Elven Ranger
Half-Giant Psychic Warrior

All mid-levelish (6th to 7th).

We had a monk, but he perished while fighting giants and is now the Dwarven Fighter.

Siegfried Niemand

First Post
The party in our current Tomes of Greyhawk campaign (Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, Dragon Mountain, Return to the Tomb of Horrors...) consists of

Brother Poe the Redeemer, a male human exalted monk with the saint template

"Holy" Freda, a female human monk with devotion to Zilchus (LN god of wealth)

Richard Oldemann the Old Man, a male human psion/constructor with delusions of godhood

Neila of Gnatmarsh, a female half-ogre barbarian/frenzied berserker in love with Poe

Brother Bandarian Augustus, a male half-orc cleric of Heironeous

Mistress Annalina Torborn, a female maenad telepath/fighter/dominator

Arcana the Suel (NPC), a female wizard with plans to become a monk and wu jen as well

JoeGKushner said:
Ah ha! You're the one they've all been talking about! Quick, get him! ;)

Have you found that the hill giants level adjustment makes them weaker than the standard character or ?

Eventually they will be.

Edit: They are a modified hill giant, they're not as powerful as the MM hill giants due to indentured service and selective breeding (campaign background)

They were super powerful in the low levels, now that the party is 7-9 level things are starting to level off. The gnome and minotaur Sor/Ftr are going to end up being more powerful than the giants.

The giants only do 2 things. Pummel things from 10-15 feet away and make all their Fort saves. They can't do anything else. Get them in a 5' tunnel and they're useless. Put them outside and they can totally ruin your strategy.

Last edited:

StupidSmurf

First Post
My Forgotten Realms group of player characters currently consists of:

MARMORAN- A human female middle-aged cranky cleric of Talona with a terminal illness. Think of Slappy Squirrel from Anamaniacs, if she was a priestess of a goddess of sickness and poison, and was slowing dying- 6th level Cleric (my wife)

LEITHA- Her daughter, a human fighter, trying to get out from under her mother's overprotective influence- 5th level Fighter

"PYRO"- A male fire genasi wizard who is ashamed of his human half, dislikes/distrusts humans, wants to see Faerun go up in flames, and wants to make contact with a fire elemental creature. Yes, he's angling for the Elemental Savant PrC- 6th level Wizard (my oldest son)

TRISTA- A vain, yet clever and sensitive female rogue who worships Sune- 6th level Rogue (my oldest daughter)

THARIVAL- A male wood Elf 5th level Ranger from the High Forest and his wolf companion (my youngest son)

BTRIUS- A female wood Elf 5th level Ranger from the High Forest and her eagle companion (the player and my youngest son had absolutely NO indication of what each other was going to roll).

PITER VON FIZZLE FOSCHIZZLE- A male gnome 4th level Cleric/1st level Wizard of Gond (played by the husband of the female elf player)

SINDORIAN- A male half-elf 3rd level Favored Soul of the elven war goddess from Races of the Wild. (played by the husband of the female human fighter player)

BERADETH- A male dwarf Cleric/Fighter of Moridin from Citadel Adbar (somewhere around 5th level total).

MOGH- A male dwarf 5th level Cleric of Clanggedin, whose favored expression (battlecry, greeting, exclamation of approval), bellowed at the top of his lungs is, "....'ave an Ale!!!!!" And he's best friends with....

...DAERWYN- A male human 6th level Rogue who worships Tymora. He has a low Con, and has that character building thingy where you increase your base speed by +10, but are -1 hp per hit die. This character is also phenomenally (and verifiably) lucky. (Note: he was gonna make his full name Daerwyn Awards...think about it! ;) He decided to pass.)

But...if I had to go with the most interesting character, it would have to be Dark Agnes, my wife's Tiefling paladin of Siamorphe, the lesser goddess of nobility (Yep, another Realms character). Dark Agnes' mother wanted to kill her at birth, but the goddess intervened and requested that the baby enter her service. Dark Agnes (never just "Agnes") also struggles against her diabolical nature on a daily basis.

Last edited:

VirgilCaine

First Post
I'm running one and playing in one:

Playing:

Male Gnome Wizard (me)
Male Human Fighter
Male Half-Elf Warlock
Female Half-Elf Rogue
Male Human Cleric of St. Cuthbert

Running: (All level 2)

Male Dwarf Druid -Rammoc
Male Half-Orc Monk -Trem
(all the rest are human)
Male Cleric of Pelor -Dymer
Male Rogue -Didn't give a name to the rest of the party...or to me.
Male Fighter -"Taco"
Male Wizard -Elkron
Female Ranger -

Floating players: Male Human Fighter and Female Half-Elf Rogue.

I've only gotten one character background from the group, even though I'm giving 100 experience for a pretty basic background--motive for adventuring, childhood experiences, training, ethics, religion, morals. That's all. And they have had two weeks to work on them.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
The PC's in my current Eberron campaign are easily the wackiest bunch I've ever had since we started playing 3E, but I think my group is tamer than many (if not most) in this respect.

We've got:

Warforged Psion
Gnome Necromancer Sorcerer
Hobgoblin Ranger/Fighter
Bugbear Fighter/Rogue
Elf Fighter
Shifter Soul Knife

Prior to the TPK it was:

Kalashtar Psi-Warrior
Halfling Rogue/Cleric
Human Artificer
Elf Wizard/Fighter
Human Barbarian
Warforged Fighter

For what it's worth I listed them in the same order in terms of players.

My current guy:

Emeth - Tiefling Bard 4 (with intermediate Djinn bloodline from Unearthed Arcana).

I made a few alternates should I die, and one guy got rejected for being too evil. :)

Raethelle Druj- Goblin cleric 5 (a sort of necromancer/summoner using a lot of Libris Mortis)

Karia- Kobold Dragon-totem Barbarian 3 sorcerer 2 (armed with my kukri!)

Tanka- half-orc wizard 3/rogue 2 (sort of a "tinker" character specialized in alchemy and metalworking, and headed for effigy master by 8th level or so.)

All of my guys usually have a schtick or key tactic.

Thaniel

First Post
Let's see..

Gnome Bard (in 2e.. my first character, DM let me get away with it)

Half-Elf Fighter/Mage (2e)

Halfling Fighter/Thief (2e) turned Fighter/Rogue (3e) turned Rogue/Paladin(variant)

Human Shaper

Human Fighter/Cleric of Kord

Half-Orc Sorcerer/Barbarian

Elven Conjurer

Halfling Druid (using racial substitution levels)

Elven Scout

This doesn't count one-timer characters, of which I've had plenty.

Last edited:

Jackelope King

First Post
The game I'm running right now in my psionic homebrew has the following characters:

First group
- Megidol Warlock 3 (Megidol: think central/western europeans with human-like racial stats)
- Dojif Psychic Warrior 2 (Dojif: think very large inuit/northwest amero-indians with half-giant-like racial stats)
- Zetir Fighter 2/Barbarian 1 (Zetir: think east coast amero-indians with maenid racial stats)
- Naele Nomad 3 (Naele: weak spirits associated with the monotheistic religion of the Megidol with elan-like racial stats)
- Naele Kineticist 3 (this character isn't a manifest spirit herself, but is descended from one)

Second Group
- Megidol Telepath 3
- Gnori Wilder 2 (Gnori: weak spirits associated with nature with dromite-like racial stats)
- Jeshil Fighter 3 (Jeshil: think meso-american indians with a definite martial bent)

My own characters currently include
- Human barbarian 1/scout 4 in an Arabian-styled game, a former nomad who joined the caliphate's army out of adoration for their charismatic prince
- Human Bard 1/Paladin 2/Marshal 1/Human Paragon 3/Stormsinger 3 in an Eberron game, a courtier haunted by spirits of the Last War and the Mournlands
- Human ninja (CA) 4/cleric 1/chameleon 5 in a Forgotten Realms solo game, a spirit speaker from another plane trapped on Toril trying to find her way home
- Elven fighter 4/rogue 5/spymater 5 in a homebrew high-fantasy game, an outlaw swordsman and master of disguise trying to clear his name of a crime he didn't commit (just recently succeeded as well :) )
- Aasimar wilder 3 in a homebrew game centered around fighting the undead, a man twisted by the fleshcrafting experiments of the necromancers who wants revenge

Last edited:

Dragonbait

Explorer
My hodge-podge groups

In the current campaign. It deals with space/time/dimension hopping (heavy influence from Kingdom Hearts)..
Erik Falldon, Aasimar Champion of the Huddled Masses (AU Champion class)
Damien Cervantes, Tiefling rogue/sorcerer/?battlemage?
Hama ????, Human Fighter (started as a squire/NPC for the Aasimar, but eventually came into his own)
K-159 aka "Kay", Warforge Ranger/Fighter/Beastmaster with a dinosaur animal companion

Previous 3E Mystara game..
Half-elf ranger (archery focus)
Halfling bard with a reincarnated/(re-)awakened riding dog that was once his sister
Dwarf warmage/fighter
Kenku fighter/rogue
Goliath mountain barbarian/fighter

The Mystara game ended prematurely, and the halfling and half-elf of that game may be shuffled into the new group, replacing two characters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads