• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Characters In Games You've played in...

MacMathan

Explorer
Currently playing in a DMs custom world (more historically oriented with some GRRM thrown in)

Human Fighter 4 (knight)
Human Bard 4
Human Monk 4
Human Rogue1/Fighter3
Human Cleric 4 (Lawful Good Trinity of Deities)

There are other races available but for whatever reason we all went human. Looks kind of tame compared to the rest here.

Also:

Greyhawk Campaign:

Dwarf Wizard 14 (Fire Elementalist, won't cast spells of other 3 elements)
Human Wizard 14 (Enchantress)
Dwarf Paladin 13
Human Ranger 10/Rogue 3
Human Rogue 3/Cleric of Olidamarra 10
Human Druid 13

RttToEE Group(Greyhawk- PHB only game as DM)

Sister Sennin: Half-Orc Cleric of St. Cuthbert 4 (w/ a slowly being converted Meepo in tow)
Tallister Hucrele: Human Sorcerer 3
Gaz: Wild Elf Barbarian 3 (Stats as a normal elf with the wildelf RP qualities)
Jhanzur: Half-Orc Monk 3
Ellis Ironblade: Human Fighter 3
Alewock "Al" Appleworth: Human Cleric of Fharlanghn 1 (elderly)
Drusilla: Elven Ranger 1
Muerte: Human Cleric of Wee-Jas 2 (Deceased ironically)

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
PCs in the game I'm running:

Igo Smash - (11th) Warforged Fighter/Warforged Juggernaught (complete with Gnope, the 6th level artificer cohort)

Deesta - (10th) Drow Warlock

Kael Quinn - (11th) Human Bard/Rogue/Druid

Kallas Tharindar - (11th) Gray Elf Abjurer/Geometer/Celestial Mystic

Rithin - (11th) Half Elf Wizard/Druid/Arcane Heirophant

Ellaren - (10th) Human Wilder

Baelnon - (10th) Dwarf Fighter
------------------------------

I'm not in a D20 game right now, but I am in two monthly games.

In the GURPS Hobbit campaign, I'm playing Chubb Maggot, an odd woodcutter hobbit who's spent far too much time by himself. As such, he talks about himself in the third person, and has a personal hate on for squirrels. Our current task is to stop, turn back, or at the very least delay a sizeable orcish army (about 1500) at the north eastern border of the shire. There are six of us, and we've already split the party. I forsee our plans ending badly. :D

In the HERO system Supers campaign, we're all playing vaguely Mystery Men style characters. I'm playing Ground Zero, by day a blockbuster clerk, by night a superhero whose mastery of energy explosions is limited only by the fact that he isn't immune to his own blasts, and is always at the center of them. Thankfully, he's reasonably tough to kill (though not as tough as the "Stuntman" character in the group).

robomage

First Post
Some of the more unusual characters that I have run in the 3.x games that I played in are:

Elf rogue (LE character: he was secret police for an elven empire - think KGB/Gestapo)
Nezumi ranger/rogue (I would have gone shadowdancer if I did not have to drop out of that game)
1/2 Ogre Barbarian - his father was a Human and his mother an Ogre from 2 different barbarian tribes
Thorn (Oathbound - Plains of Pennance) Druid (played for 1 adventure)
Ghaele Eladrin (9th level using the Savage Species monster class)
Warforged fighter/war mage (plan to go Eldritch Knight)

In the current game that I am playing in we have:

Warforged fighter/warmage (me)
Gnome rogue/spellmaster (from Green Ronin's Advanced player's manual)
Minotaur (Savage Species monster class) - he was raised by Halflings
Human ranger
Elf ranger

Immak Antunel

First Post
Currently DMing a drow campaign combining elements from Plot and Poison and The Complete Guide to Drow...

Zaerive, shur (tiefling-ish drow from CG) cleric 6 (aiming for Dominant from P&P)

Ellywick, gnome monk 5/ submissive 3 (also P&P)

[name not handy], drow ranger 1, rogue 5, darkblade 1 (from CG)

Fiver, drow Sorceress 5, spell addict 1 (P&P)

Uzzrog, drow blood druid 6 (CG)

[name not handy], half-drow (template from P&P) githyanki fighter 5

[name not handy], drow ranger 6

-------------

Also, I will soon be playing in a fey-centric game, for which I have written up Gorf of Eert, a Grippli (tree-frog dude from ToH) archivist (divine caster from heroes of horror, previewed at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=3

sniffles

First Post
@Immak Antunel - there's just something wrong with the fact that you know their classes, races, and levels, but not their names. :confused:

Currently in two games:

First:

StarWars D20: The Tapani Question
  • Joseph: Human Jedi Guardian 6, from Coruscant
  • Kooth: Zabrak Jedi Consular 6, from Iridonia
  • Kalan Drinn: Human Scoundrel 3 / Soldier 3, from Corellia
  • Savannah: Human Scoundrel 6, from "She ain't tellin'"
  • Rigel: Ithorian Force Adept 6, from Ithor
  • Dern: Duros Tech 6, from ... SPACE!
  • ???: A Mysterious Zabrak Noble 6, from Iridonia

Actually, I'm just forgetting the noble's name at the moment ...

Second:

Eberron!
  • Jonath ir'Cailan: Human Fighter 2 / Rogue 4
  • Ielenia: Valanar Elf Barbarian 3 / Bard 3
  • Alecto: Human Cleric 6
  • Sessho: Shifter Barbarian 6
  • Steelfist: Warforged Monk 6
  • Vanya: Aerenal Elf Ranger X
  • Xiula: Human? Mindblade 6
  • Isis: Half-elf Wilder 6

And, finally, I'm putting together a one-shot set in Cyre just before the end of the last war. My players, don't read below, as possible spoilers await! :)

[sblock]
  • Graecus Korran: Human (Cyre) Wizard 5 /
    Cleric (Blood of Vol) 2
    (Artillery)
  • Unit 2514 "Shield": Warforged Fighter 4 (Sword n' Board, Defense)
  • Unit 2515 "Wall": Warforged Fighter 4 (Sword n' Board, Defense)
  • Unit 3127 "Guy": Warforged Fighter 4 (Guisarme, Offense)
  • Unit 3128 "Chains": Warforged Fighter 4 (Spiked Chain, Offense)
  • Unit 8111 "Patch": Warforged Artificer 5 (Medic)
  • Unit 254 "Bo": Warforged Fighter 4 (Archer)
  • Unit 420 "Traps": Warforged Rogue 2 / Ranger 2 (Scout)
[/sblock]

Immak Antunel

First Post
sniffles said:
@Immak Antunel - there's just something wrong with the fact that you know their classes, races, and levels, but not their names. :confused:

Well, the campaign is just one session old, and while I worked closely with each individual player to develop the characters (both stat-wise and background-wise), the names were picked pretty much at random by the players during the whole group pre-session. Also, I'm just not a name person, even in real life, so I'm pleased that I remember even this much.

I do realize I should work on it though. I'll probably make little placards displaying each characters name, to stand in front of their respective players.

sniffles

First Post
Immak Antunel said:
Well, the campaign is just one session old, and while I worked closely with each individual player to develop the characters (both stat-wise and background-wise), the names were picked pretty much at random by the players during the whole group pre-session. Also, I'm just not a name person, even in real life, so I'm pleased that I remember even this much.

I do realize I should work on it though. I'll probably make little placards displaying each characters name, to stand in front of their respective players.

Sorry - I didn't mean to be nitpicky. I just hate to see groups where the characters are referred to by their character class instead of by name, and I was hoping yours wasn't one of those - which it obviously isn't. :)

Luthien Greyspear

First Post
Okay, I'll chime in:

Current campaign (FR, 1371 DR; continuation of old 2e campaign, with amnesia as the plot twist).

Female elven Wizard 4/Psychic Warrior 4/Bladesinger 1 -- mercenary turned reluctant adventurer (she USED to work for a living)(amnesiac, formerly Noble 1/Wizard 10/Psion 10/Mind Mage (homebrew PrC) 4)
Female elven Wizard 2/Fighter 6/Weapon Master 1 -- rebellious child of a noble house of Evermeet (amnesiac, formerly Wizard 4/Fighter 6/Spellsword 10)
Male human Rogue 3/Bard 5/Virtuoso 1 -- circus performer on the run from his past (amnesiac, formerly Rogue 1/Wizard 5/Loremaster 9/Wild Mage 10)
Male half-elven genasi Rogue 7/Ranger 1/Shadowdancer 1 -- indolent minor nobleman unaware of his origins (amnesiac, formerly Rogue 5/Bard 10/Stormsinger 10)
Male elven Fighter 7/Favored Soul (Corellon) 2 -- husband of the noble elf above (amnesiac, formerly Fighter 8/Wizard 8/Bladesinger 10)
Female elven Ranger 3/Cleric (Rillifane) 7 (amnesiac, formerly Ranger 5/Scout 5/too many archery classes to remember adding up to 15 levels total)
Male half-elven Bard 6/Fighter 2/Lasher 2 -- another circus performer, this one seeking to master his craft (amnesiac, formerly Fighter 6/Rogue 5/Paladin 4/Duelist 10)
Male human Fighter 4/Rogue 2/Bard 1/Duelist 1/Noble Adventurer 1 -- the only one WITHOUT a memory problem, he's a living swashbuckling stereotype

We also had a mute Female halfling Psion (Shaper) 8 in the party, but the player has dropped out of the game.

In addition, the party was briefly split up for an extended period, so there were some alternate characters created so no players would be left out of either bit of action:

Male minotaur Fighter 2 -- former gladiator, now a devoted worshipper of Corellon (!)
Female kender (!) "Handler" 3/Cleric (Gilean) 7 -- guaranteed action starter
Female human Barbarian 1/Sorceror 8/Rage Mage 1 -- former harem girl gone wild
Male human Monk 6/Drunken Master 4 -- umm, he's a drunk
Male drow Rogue 8/"Demolitions Expert" 2 -- a hired saboteur with a surprising amount of honor (he was LN)

As you can see, the amnesiac characters are playing at levels considerably lower than they used to. That's because the amnesia was my mechanical excuse for converting over to 3rd edition. I didn't want to start a new edition with high level characters, but I still had a huge plot thread hanging over these characters' heads. So, amnesia, the all-purpose DM's tool.

From 11th level on, all the characters will be taking gestalt levels, to represent their memories coming back. The one non-amnesiac will be given a magic item that ties him to his ancestors, and he'll be learning their skills as well as his own, so he'll get to take the gestalt levels too.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
In my Eberron game (soon to start)

Male Changeling Barbarian 2 (Homebrew Slaine-Warp-Spasm-style variant)
Female Human Bard 1/Ranger 1 (Scion of House Tharashk)
Male Half-Elf Swashbuckler 1/Sorcerer 1
Female Shifter Ranger 1/Rogue 1
Male-aligned Warforged Fighter 1/Wizard 1 (LOW Wis and Cha, pretty much suffers from amnesia and lack of forethought)
Gender-neutral Warforged Cleric 1/Fighter 1 (think G'Kar from Babylon 5)
One Female Unknown (still working on it)

Including myself, the group is 4 men and 4 women, all playing their correct gender (the gender neutral is my wife, but do Warforged count? ;) )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads