• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Charge vs. Disarm

Otterscrubber

First Post
When charging an opponent you get an +2 attack bonus. If this opponent has readied a disarm attempt does this bonus apply to your opposed disarm roll?

dkilgo

First Post
Honestly, my initial response was no, but I think that there is nothing that would stop it. Only because you can take a move action with a readied action, and as long as you moved more than 10 feet. The only think at the moment that would make me change my mind is, "What type of modifier's are we talking about here?" Because, remember, some modifiers don't stack. But, IIRC, these modifiers would stack.

dcollins

Explorer
I would rule "no". The +2 bonus is for the "one attack" (PH p. 117) at then end of your charge, not to any attack roll on the way there or afterwards in the round.

dkilgo

First Post
You could still do the disarm at the end of your movement, and use your attack action to make a disarm attempt. Why not?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
You could still do the disarm at the end of your movement, and use your attack action to make a disarm attempt. Why not?

You're talking a different situation to the original question.

Otterscrubber asked if you could apply the charge bonus to your OAR to avoid being disarmed, not to disarm your opponent.

-Hyp.

Otterscrubber

First Post
Hypersmurf said:

You're talking a different situation to the original question.

Otterscrubber asked if you could apply the charge bonus to your OAR to avoid being disarmed, not to disarm your opponent.

-Hyp.

Correct, thank you for clearing up my poorly worde question.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads