Chart of ICv2 Rankings Back To 2004

I created a spreadsheet with all the ICv2 rankings going back to 2004, and then output it into a chart. This is what that looks like. You can click on the image to enlarge it. And this is a (reverse) total of the rankings over the last 15 years for each RPG listed. Higher is better:

I created a spreadsheet with all the ICv2 rankings going back to 2004, and then output it into a chart. This is what that looks like. You can click on the image to enlarge it.

chart3.jpg

And this is a (reverse) total of the rankings over the last 15 years for each RPG listed. Higher is better:

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 5.32.41 PM.png

teitan

Legend
The main exception I can think of is NWoD material, which didn’t have much of a retail presence but was generally a Drivethru best seller (and later did well in Kickstarters). Had they had standard retail releases, I’d say a lot of them would have grabbed a 3-5 spot in that quarter.

Yeah but they did for a handful of years before White Wolf announced they were going POD only. It wasn't a big hit until it went to POD. I used to manage a shop when it came out and it sold really well for Vampire, Werewolf and Mage but then sputtered out. Couldn't give it away.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yeah but they did for a handful of years before White Wolf announced they were going POD only. It wasn't a big hit until it went to POD. I used to manage a shop when it came out and it sold really well for Vampire, Werewolf and Mage but then sputtered out. Couldn't give it away.
That's such a shame. The later games were substantially better, IMO. (Well, the system for Geist was a mess, but man was it an evocative setting.)

teitan

Legend
That's such a shame. The later games were substantially better, IMO. (Well, the system for Geist was a mess, but man was it an evocative setting.)

It was a shame because it was a nice clean up of the classic system. Gehenna etc. were big sellers for us, great sourcebooks but when they blew up the world and relaunched with a whole new setting, as cool as it was, they really hurt their base. I know of several groups who played Masquerade and tried Requiem and went back to Masquerade because Requiem wasn't what they were looking for. Probably a key reason V20 actually became a thing. Moving to POD was a shot in the foot for White Wolf but man, Onyx Path knocked it out of the park for a long time and the new Chicago book looks fricking sweet.

macd21

Adventurer

It was a huge hit out our way, and given the amount of material they published for it I have to assume it sold well enough.

jeffh

Adventurer
There's probably a few things conflated here that shouldn't be. For one thing, "Star Wars" in this context meant something very different in 2004 than it does now.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads