• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cheatproof YB generator - host needed

Zappo

Explorer
graydoom said:
I'll try to use your generator when I don't have access to MeowthBot.
Unfortunately, I don't have a static IP. The URL I gave you will only last until I turn off my computer. That's the reason for which I need a host.

reiella

Explorer
Would suggest adding some ip tracking to the generator as well.

Elsewise, far too easy for someone to just to generate a swarm of moves during their opponent's turn with their nick... Not a big problem really but easy enough to prevent.

Zappo

Explorer
reiella said:
Would suggest adding some ip tracking to the generator as well.

Elsewise, far too easy for someone to just to generate a swarm of moves during their opponent's turn with their nick... Not a big problem really but easy enough to prevent.
Yes. That's the reason for which I wanted to add user registration with passwords.

IP tracking would not be a complete solution. After all, it takes just one "extra" move to cast doubt on a round. And on message board matches, a round can last many hours, during which I can't assume that the legit user's IP is staying the same.
Besides... I also have little idea of how to verify IPs. :D The servlet application is restarted again every time a new request is done, so I don't know how to store them in memory between requests.

Zappo

Explorer
PASSWORDS!

Ladies and gentlemen, Zappo productions is proud to announce the first cheatproof web-based YB generator. :cool:

Don't ask me 128 bit SSL encryption, please. :D

http://62.211.179.138/examples/servlet/YB will work for a while.

Now,

If any of you can help finding a host, this thing can actually enter regular use, finish off fishing forever, and allow us to have a good board-based match without being restricted to strategy judge-gen matches.

Help!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads