• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cheatproof YB generator - host needed

Zappo

Explorer
As some of you may already know, I am working on a YB web generator that logs every move, the time it was generated at, and the nick of the person who generated it, and can also display the log.
The aim is to make fishing and altering of the generated moves impossible.

First of all, I'd like to hear what you people think about it. Seeing that a large part of the matches are either made with MeowthBot or with judge-generated strategy matches, it is clear that people want the certainty that their opponent cannot cheat, and rightly so. Not everyone uses MB, though, so their only alternative is a judge-gen strategy match (and even there, they have to trust the judge). The public log would solve this problem.

The generator is mostly working now. There are a couple of problems still. The biggest one is that I don't have a static IP and so I cannot host the generator, neither do I know someone who can. The generator is a java servlet, so a web server that has a servlet container is needed. The Jakarta Tomcat, which I'm using to test, is free and can be integrated with Apache servers, and can even work as a standalone web server. Some space is required to hold the log, of course, but since the log is kept for no more than 48 hours and each entry is something like 20 bytes max, this file will never be very large.

Secondly, there are a couple of features - namely, user passwords (to prevent impersonating) and flood control - that I don't know how to implement efficiently right now. :) Any help would be appreciated. Email me if you want the source code.

Last edited:

Zappo

Explorer
Why, thanks good sir. ;)

Someone wishes to see it in action?
This is an url to my computer for the next few hours. Feel free to test at your leisure. If you see the log suddenly vanishing, it probably means that I've changed something and had to clear it.

Zappo

Explorer
Ok... I've managed to further compress the log. It's around 15 bytes per entry now, and each entry has the date to the millisecond, the nick, and the stuff generated, be it hand, move, insult or masters. I think I can officially say that disk space is not a problem. :)

Last thing missing is user registration and authentication.

A host is needed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads