Check Out Nerdist's Preview of the Drizzt "Timeless" Book Cover!

Remember that new Drizzt trilogy which appeared in online bookstore listings last week? Nerdist has got a preview of the cover of Timeless, the first in the trilogy!
Remember that new Drizzt trilogy which appeared in online bookstore listings last week? Nerdist has got a preview of the cover of Timeless, the first in the trilogy!

Timeless-Cover-768x1160.jpg

Image from Nerdist.com

Salamandyr

Adventurer
Not a fan of current trends in fantasy book cover art, but it's arright. I'm two or three series behind on the Drizzt saga, but kind of interested to see where it's going in the 5e age, when WOTC isn't driving a metanarrative.

Who's publishing these books these days?

ugh Drizzt .....I so loathe him .... would rather read about Liriel

Ughhh, those novels were even worse. I did not think it possible to power creep and fanboi bigger than a Drizzt novel and then I read a Liriel novel.

"Hey look I am such an awesome author that I created a drow wizard with a Wand of Lichdom!"

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'm a little confused. Is this about Drizzt or is this about his father Zaknafein? Either way, I'm thinking I may buy the kindle version if there is one and have a read. Been a while since I read a Salvatore book and I really do enjoy his writing.

DragonBelow

Adventurer
Drizzt is awesome, that's why he keeps coming back. I am glad the decision to keep publishing new stories about him does not depend on folks here...

PMárk

Explorer
From a point of view, it looks good, as a picture. On the other hand, I like less abstract, less "artsy" covers on novels a bit more, especially on rpg-related novels. I guess I see those more like illustrations, than standalone art pieces.

I miss the setting logo too. Missed it from the rpg books too. The FR logo is just iconic, killing it off isn't a good step in my eyes. I think I get their thought process and how they want to handle the whole thing, but I don't like it.

At least it's a new novel. That's something. Really, I've read Drizzt more for the supporting cast for a long time, than for Drizzt himself, but I never hated him and honestly, the hate directed toward the character is absolutely laughable.

Drizzt is awesome, that's why he keeps coming back. I am glad the decision to keep publishing new stories about him does not depend on folks here...

If you think here is bad, then do not read the comments on the Facebook or Twitter posts that WotC made for this today. The number of trolls and posters who think it is hip to hate Drizz't are multiplying rapidly. I hate to think what the comments on Reddit are like. lol

Zarithar

Adventurer
I'm really tired of all the Drizz't hate. It's almost become a meme at this point and something to do just because it's cool to do so. Aside from that... I really hope that Paul S. Kemp brings us some more Erevis Cale novels!

gyor

Legend
I'm really tired of all the Drizz't hate. It's almost become a meme at this point and something to do just because it's cool to do so. Aside from that... I really hope that Paul S. Kemp brings us some more Erevis Cale novels!

The Drizzt haters are more annoying then the Drizzt fanboys at this point.

Remove ads

Remove ads