D&D 5E Check Out The Full Monsters of the Multiverse Cover Art

The wraparound cover art for January's Monsters of the Multiverse -- an updated compilation of existing D&D monsters -- has been revealed. The cover features an astral dreadnaught, the same monsters which adorned AD&D's Manual of the Planes in 1987.

The front cover had been revealed previously, but this is the clearest picture yet of the full art piece by Greg Rutkowski. Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse is part of the 3-book gift set which also includes Xanathar's Guide to Everything and Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, all together in a slipcase.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

Monsters of the Multiverse is "a treasure trove of creature related material from previous products compiled into one book and updated." Improvements are based on feedback, rebalancing monsters with new and old art.

The book contains over 250 monsters, and 30 playable races, including all of the setting agnostic races that have been published outside the Player's Handbook.

Some content from Witchlight, Fizban's, and Strixhaven was influenced by Monsters of the Multiverse.

The books is available first in the gift set, but will also be available separately later in the year.

Last edited:

Stormonu

Legend
I really want to know how long I'll have to wait to buy the Monsters of the Multiverse without having to shell out for the box set. Its super damn annoying.
I’d keep my eyes open on e-bay. Surely people will be selling their copies because they already have the original monster books, or simply breaking the set up specifically to sell this.

Or, you could go in with a friend/group who wants the other books and you get the monster book.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
That is still my fave bit of art from the Strixhaven book and I totally want to make that a weapon for characters in my Strixhaven games.
Agreed. I was extremely disappointed that they didn't provide Magic Item stats for it. The book overall needed more magic items, spells, and crunch, and less content for the adventure (IMO).

Samurai

Adventurer
While I would normally be excited to see 30 player races and 250 monsters in 1 book, I already own the books they are being pulled from (Volo's, Mordenkainen's, and Tasha's), so I don't see any real reason to buy this book (much less the gift set with the reprinted books w/new covers).

While I would normally be excited to see 30 player races and 250 monsters in 1 book, I already own the books they are being pulled from (Volo's, Mordenkainen's, and Tasha's), so I don't see any real reason to buy this book (much less the gift set with the reprinted books w/new covers).

Not Tasha's, just the other two and from lots of other books where the races are scattered around. Plus with the updates/changes being made to them all, the original versions of the monsters and classes will be basically useless for all the people buying the core books from 2022 and on.

Tasha's And Xanathar's are part of the box set, along with the new Monsters book.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases