Check Out The Official Free COWBOY BEPOP Playtest Document [Update: It’s Gone!] [Back Again!]

My Marvel Multiverse RPG playtest softcover arrived this morning (over a month after the pre-order date, but that's another story!) but another playtest document went live today--the Cowboy Bebop Roleplaying Game playtest document! You can download the 38-page document for free from DTRPG. UPDATE: The title has been removed without explanation from DTRPG. UPDATE 2: Now it’s back again...
My Marvel Multiverse RPG playtest softcover arrived this morning (over a month after the pre-order date, but that's another story!) but another playtest document went live today--the Cowboy Bebop Roleplaying Game playtest document! You can download the 38-page document for free from DTRPG.

UPDATE: The title has been removed without explanation from DTRPG.

UPDATE 2: Now it’s
back again.

Cowboy Bebop (カウボーイビバップ Kaubōi Bibappu) is a Japanese animated television series, movie, and other media created by Shinichiro Watanabe. Set in 2071 and centered on the adventures of a gang of bounty hunters in space, the story delves into the unresolved issues of the protagonists' past, exploring concepts such as existentialism, boredom, loneliness, and the influence of the past.

Don’t Panic Games, the team that brought the amazing universes of Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, Attack on Titan, and Tokyo Ghoul to tabletop gaming…

In partnership with Mana Project Studio, the creative studio, and publisher that designed Journey To Ragnarok, Historia, Nightfell, Norse Grimoire, Seven Sinners, and more

With the collaboration of award-winning Italian authors Fumble, known for Not The End Roleplaying Game…

Are all coming together to offer you a pioneering experience, bringing the world of Japanese Anime to a Tabletop Roleplaying Game!

LET’S JAM!

The material in this playtest document is preliminary and not definitive. The game and graphic designs may be different in the final product.

397351.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 1.47.10 PM.png

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Is this the first RPG to use the source materials theme song as part of the task resolution system ?
I actually really like the tabs mechanics, too. Like it isn’t just a dumb fan service gimmick, it should genuinely drive the rhythm of the “episode” into a rhythm fairly similar to the show, and also very satisfyingly build momentum leading to that point where things pop off and all hell breaks loose at the end.

Weiley31

Legend
So basically, the "Let's Jam" part of the session is where your party can pretty much start pulling out your A-Team antics since you'll be helping each other out via your Rythm Points, I would be assuming.

Helena Real

Dame of Solamnia (she/her)
When meeting a new RPG for the first time, I always take a look at the character sheet to get an idea of what I expect.

When I looked at Cowboy Bebop's character sheet, I was pleasantly surprised. The game looks simple and story-focused. Exactly the type of RPG I'd expect out of this amazing anime (which I'm a big fan of).

Count me in! 🤗🖤

Remove ads

Remove ads