Check Out The Official Free COWBOY BEPOP Playtest Document [Update: It’s Gone!] [Back Again!]

My Marvel Multiverse RPG playtest softcover arrived this morning (over a month after the pre-order date, but that's another story!) but another playtest document went live today--the Cowboy Bebop Roleplaying Game playtest document! You can download the 38-page document for free from DTRPG. UPDATE: The title has been removed without explanation from DTRPG. UPDATE 2: Now it’s back again...

My Marvel Multiverse RPG playtest softcover arrived this morning (over a month after the pre-order date, but that's another story!) but another playtest document went live today--the Cowboy Bebop Roleplaying Game playtest document! You can download the 38-page document for free from DTRPG.

UPDATE: The title has been removed without explanation from DTRPG.

UPDATE 2: Now it’s
back again.

Cowboy Bebop (カウボーイビバップ Kaubōi Bibappu) is a Japanese animated television series, movie, and other media created by Shinichiro Watanabe. Set in 2071 and centered on the adventures of a gang of bounty hunters in space, the story delves into the unresolved issues of the protagonists' past, exploring concepts such as existentialism, boredom, loneliness, and the influence of the past.

Don’t Panic Games, the team that brought the amazing universes of Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, Attack on Titan, and Tokyo Ghoul to tabletop gaming…

In partnership with Mana Project Studio, the creative studio, and publisher that designed Journey To Ragnarok, Historia, Nightfell, Norse Grimoire, Seven Sinners, and more

With the collaboration of award-winning Italian authors Fumble, known for Not The End Roleplaying Game…

Are all coming together to offer you a pioneering experience, bringing the world of Japanese Anime to a Tabletop Roleplaying Game!

LET’S JAM!

The material in this playtest document is preliminary and not definitive. The game and graphic designs may be different in the final product.

397351.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 1.47.10 PM.png

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
DriveThru was hacked last night apparently, that might explain it. They apparently don't think any user data was compromised, but a password change might be in order anyway.

Haiku Elvis

Knuckle-dusters, glass jaws and wooden hearts.
I downloaded it last night. I was half asleep at the time but it took a bit of re-reading to get it. Especially what a tab was. It was mentioned then breifly explained then mentioned some more then properly explained. So when I finally got it Ihad to go back and reread the rules that interacted with them. (but again this might have been a side effect of it being late. I kept misreading Bounty and Bounty hunters which didn't help)
It's pretty high concept in terms of structure. They are going all out in getting a session to flow like a bebop episode. Which I suspect will be a bit marmite to use a British phrase.(you'll love it or hate it)
I did like the way they used examples from episodes to explain some of the concepts so you could see the thinking behind it but I feel some people will find it restrictive.

Remove ads

Remove ads