D&D 5E Check out this beautiful Sword Coast print!

Zoinks

First Post
I got a full set of the LMoP maps from Mike Schley done on vinyl from ViVYX. They turned out great and are practically indestructible.

flametitan

Explorer
Additionally, if you have a bit of spare cash, Mike Schley has his own version of the Sword Coast map on his zenfolio page. It has some extra town markers for places named but not marked on the map. You can also get a *huge* pdf of it and a blank version is in that pdf.

Tormyr

Adventurer
The nice part about a vinyl one is that you should be able to use wet erase markers. Not that you would necessarily want to do so on your main map. Test a tiny, hard to see area first.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
I opted for the Storm King's Thunder map (16"x24"). Here's a picture with the Player's Handbook for scale:

SKT_vinyl_map.jpg

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Nice! What options did you choose?
Just plain ol' vinyl, no grommets or hemmed edges. It was about $18 altogether, including shipping. Folds up and lays flat easily, feels heavy-duty. Good deal, IMO, so thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Also, for those wondering, I used the SKT map that was released as one of the Extra Life rewards. The resolution isn't the best, but all the text, including the smallest road and river names, are clearly legible.

Last edited:

I wanted to do something similar but the cost here would be in the realm of $70 :(

Are you sure about that?

Check out Vistaprint - http://www.vistaprint.com.au/banners.aspx?pfid=017&xnav=Breadcrumbs

You can get a 90cm x 50cm (roughly 35in x 20in) vinyl banner for $20 + $8 postage within Australia. A 122cm x 76cm vinyl banner would cost $30 + $8 postage.

They often send out emails with discount offers as well, so if you wait for the right time you can potentially get it for even less.

Additionally, if you have a bit of spare cash, Mike Schley has his own version of the Sword Coast map on his zenfolio page. It has some extra town markers for places named but not marked on the map. You can also get a *huge* pdf of it and a blank version is in that pdf.

We're currently playing through Princes of the Apocalypse. Would Mike's version of the Sword Coast be the best map to get for that campaign?

Edit: I should say that my plan is to get a copy printed out to put up on the wall next to the game table on game night.

Last edited:

Remove ads