Chicago Gameday 25 is Feb 27th: SIGN UP NOW!

Another one for the books!

Thanks as always to our gracious hosts at Games Plus.

Thanks to Mark for running an ENORMOUS minis game that was a delightful mix of siege warfare and player on player combat.

HUGE thanks to my players for putting up with my DMing. I hope you enjoyed a high level romp through Iriaebor, though you only got to see about one room worth of it. Still cannot believe that battle lasted so long! In spite of that though, I was thoroughly impressed by your tactical use of your powers and the environment.

(Next time I use my "iconic characters," it's gonna be a flashback episode to the heroic tier :p )

strider1970

First Post
Buzz, thanks for putting all this together and for running a great 4e game. I had a blast. And thanks to everybody else in our game too (Josh, Tom, Stuart and Chris). It was nice having a laugh and playing D&D again and getting more experience with 4e.

If you guys ever need another player for a game don't hesitate to drop me a line and let me know.

Long live Helkin Sheepherder!

Paul

Ninjacat

First Post
Woooooooooo, GameDAY!!!

Man, now I'm sad it's all over and we have to wait until June for another one, heh. (I obviously love it there, as I ran a six hour game, oops...after starting a half hour late! Sorry, Curt & crew! And to anyone I kept up too late. *sheepish*)

It truly WAS a great time, though...resisting assimilation was fun (even if my wonky probability warping ability was messing the dice over something fierce...), and three-quarters of us made it out! Awesome! 44: AGoAF was a lot of fun, even if it could use more examples or a clearer explanation of the mechanic flow, or something (our collective caffeine deficiency wasn't helping, either.) Thanks, Buzz, and Laurie, Jeff, and Kevin, for narrative fun.

And the latest Supernatural adventure was a blast! Thanks, Gang (Nat, Laurie, Kelly, Nick, Spot, Jim, and John), for rolling with the punches and muddling through the confusion...sorry the pace went from slow to slow to medium to slow to HurryTheHeckUpCuzWeRanOutOfTimeSomeWhileBack, oops. You caught most of the clues, usually just a moment too late...which works out perfectly to ramp the tension up, heh. I wish we could have drawn out the dramatic campaign-changing climactic moment of the end a little, but I had already run WAY over, sorry.

We'll just have to wait and see what the future brings for our stalwart crew. Carry On, Wayward Hunters...

And Thanks As Always to Buzz for organizing everything, and of course to Curt and the Games Plus crew for hosting us. I'm already looking forward to next time!

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Thank you, buzz, for organizing another successful gameday. And thanks to everyone who came out, GMs and players alike. Sorry I had to bail so early, but I was not feeling well.

Hope to see many of you at the next World Wide D&D Day, March 20. Also the new Wednesday Night D&D Encounters starting March 17.

buzz

Adventurer
First, the numbers...

Based on the sign-in sheet, I'm 99% confident we hit 50 attendees. Add some of the walk-ins I was aware of, and we were probably at 51-52 if not more. All told, this was the biggest Gameday we've had in a while, and probably the second-biggest Chicago Gameday ever. BOOYAH!

I think this was partly just due to kismet, but I also believe getting involved with the RPGChicago Meetups group also helped us a quite a bit. Ergo, I want to thank Michael (i.e., Chgowiz) for reaching out to me and Nate Scheidler for pimping us on the RPGChicago site and mailing list.

So, big Gameday thanks to:

• Games Plus for being such gracious hosts; I hope sales were good on Saturday!
  • All of our GM volunteers for running games
  • All of our attendees for coming out to play games on a cold February day
  • My 44 players for putting up with horrible dice karma (and probably also my rules inexperience)
  • My 4e players for their patience in whittling down the bajillion-hp dragonborn boss monster
  • Mark for documenting the day and then posting pics, as well as for the coupons!
  • Laurie for buying me a soda :)

I had a great time, and I hope I'll see all of you (and more) come Gameday 26 on June 12th.

Chgowiz

First Post
Buzz, that's awesome-sauce! I'm glad to hear it went over so well. Thanks to Rich @ Games Plus for providing the paints/brushes and mats for the painting demo - it was great to see adults and kids painting. We really need a picture of the mutant ogre-thing that was painted by a 6 year old... it would make a great post-apocalypse monster.

Everything was really well done and thanks to everyone who joined in my two events. I hope to see you all in June - I'm thinking I'll run just the minis event again - running two sessions wore me out.

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks to Buzz for organizing the Gameday and the fine people at Games Plus for being such gracious hosts.

I would also like to thank my players for a fun morning game, even though we had some last minute cancellations. Thanks to Chgowiz for his old style event which was a lot of fun.

I am already looking forward to the next Gameday!

Remove ads