Chicago Gameday 26 (6/12/10) Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Buzz, could you please add this game to a PM slot? Thanks! Oh, and two images are attached.

The Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues (Paranoia XP)
Players: 6 (pregens will be provided)
Suitable for players 18 and older (certain state laws may apply; does not meet USRDA for anything; side effects include sporadic cardiac arrest and dry mouth; speak with your doctor to see if Paranoia XP is right for you.)
"Oh Friend Computer!"

: AT YOUR SERVICE, CITIZEN.

"What is this game you're running in the afternoon?"

: WHAT IS YOUR SECURITY CLEARANCE, CITIZEN?

"Um ... Yellow. Yep, I'm Yellow clearance."

: THIS MISSION WILL GIVE YOU MANY EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE THE COMPUTER AND ALPHA COMPLEX. AS A TROUBLESHOOTER, YOU WILL EXPERIENCE MANY SAFE AND EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DANCING, EXPERIMENTAL DEVICES, CONFLICTING MANDATORY INSTRUCTIONS, A TRIP TO THE MYSTERIOUS OUTSIDE, AND A TITANIC BATTLE AGAINST A DEADLY CONSPIRACY OF COMMUNIST MUTANTS OF UNBELIEVABLE POWER, ARMED WITH WEAPONS ONE CAN HARDLY BEGIN TO IMAGINE.

".... Will I survive this mission?"

: I'M SORRY, THAT INFORMATION IS UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
PARANOIA is a lighthearted, rules-light science fiction rpg where you kill everything and everyone, even yourself more often than not. No experience is necessary but an open mind and tolerance for bad jokes, catch-22's, and repetitious but deadly behavior is required. Pregens will be provided. Feel free to call one of the characters below.

1. Communications Officer Tex-Y-DKR-1
2. Loyalty Officer Buddy-Y-CCO-1
3. Happiness Officer Walter-Y-JES-1 (Registered Mutant)
4. Equipment Guy Miles-Y-TST-1
5. Hygiene Officer Jenny-Y-LOM-1
6. Medical Officer Lee-Y-GHF-1

Attachments

• paranoia1.bmp
    90.3 KB · Views: 49
  • paranoia2.bmp
    93 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

ekb

First Post
Is FAST the project you were working on, or some other thing?
It's that thing I've been working on...

For they that I haven't tagged as collaborators on one of the early drafts, FAST is a toolkit for Fudge (and, by extension, FATE, TSOY, Diaspora and other Fudge-based games) to make building/converting storygames a bit easier.

The goal is to have the SRD for FAST compiled and out on the interwebs by 2010 Day of Fudge (5 June), the first actual game build (The Operation - team-based espionage) out by 12 June, and the horror build as a digital freebie for FreeRPG Day (19 June).

As such, I'm a bit behind schedule... ;)

William Ronald

Explorer
I will not be able to run anything this time, as I have a test in the morning. I will try to make it for an event in the afternoon.

I know that we have a lot of good GMs here, so feel free to step up to the plate.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
SECRET OF THE SLAVERS STOCKADE: THE HILL FORT
Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition

The battle against the slavers continues! You and your fellow adventurers have defeated the slavers of Highport, but you have learned of the existence of another slaver stronghold, and you have decided to continue the attack. But beware! Only the most fearless of adventurers could challenge the slavers on their own ground, and live to tell of it!

This adventure will be run in its classic tournament version updated for the newest edition of Dungeons & Dragons. Pre-generated 5th-level characters will be provided or bring your own Character Builder legal 5th-level character using the Inherent Bonus feature in place of magic items.

buzz

Adventurer
Wow, three days in and only 8 out of 12+ tables are full. Usually, we are near max capacity by now.
It tends to be a slow build these days.

FYI, I'm thinking we'll start player sign-up on the evening of Monday, 5/31, which gives just about two full weeks to fill our tables. An official announcement will go out in the near future, so don't assume this is 100% truth until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads