Chicago Gameday 37 Event Planning

buzz

Adventurer
Buzz, let's switch my Dread to the afternoon, rest of my first post still applies fine, and add me as the Dresden Files: Fate Unlimited in the morning slot, unless we get more GM submissions and I shouldn't run twice. (If alla this makes you decide you DO want to run Dresden, or somebody runs Monsterhearts or something awesome in the morning, I may cancel my FAE.)
Additions and changes made!

What I should really do is run Heroquest, the RPG by Moon Design, and then our schedule will be totally extra confusing.

Genevieve80

First Post
Oh man, for a second there I thought I was gonna be able to play Dresden FAE and Dresden Files. Sigh.

I will run *something* in the PM slot if you still need GMs. I have no idea what- Monsterhearts? Apocalypse World? I think somebody offered Ghostbusters/Inspectres already so that rules out InSpectres.

I mean... let's face it- it'll probably be Monsterhearts. I should know myself better. :p

buzz

Adventurer
FYI, I just posted this to the various social media and our mailing list. Very important info, so please read.

Hello Gamedayers,

We are going to use Warhorn.net for player sign-up this time around.

Gameday 37 Warhorn page: https://warhorn.net/events/chicago-gameday-37

In order to sign up for Gameday 37 events, you'll need to create a Warhorn account. Signing up with Warhorn is free. I would suggest that players and GMs set up an account prior to player registration, as there it's possible there could be a delay in getting your account set up.

Why are we using Warhorn?

The advantage to Warhorn is that registration is automated. There's no need for me to manually monitor a forum thread and log sign-ups. Players will receive immediate confirmation of their sign-ups, and the roster will automatically track which events have seats available and which do not.

This is primarily an experiment. We'll see how it goes this time around and then make a decision about whether to continue using Warhorn or find a different solution.

Feel free to respond to me with any questions or concerns you have.

Cheers,
Mark Delsing (buzz)​

buzz

Adventurer
GMs, I believe that Warhorn should allow you to register as a "volunteer" for Gameday 37. Not sure if that means anything in terms of being a GM or not, but if someone wants to be a guinea pig, go nuts.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Feel free to respond to me with any questions or concerns you have.

GMs, I believe that Warhorn should allow you to register as a "volunteer" for Gameday 37. Not sure if that means anything in terms of being a GM or not, but if someone wants to be a guinea pig, go nuts.

OK, I could barely figure out how to login. There was no Login link on the site, I had to type "/login" after the website in the address bar to get to it. I definitely didn't see a "volunteer" link, but there's many ways to donate.

I can't be certain whether this is a case of crappy site or crappy computer. Is anyone else seeing actual links in the site to navigate?

buzz

Adventurer
OK, I could barely figure out how to login. There was no Login link on the site, I had to type "/login" after the website in the address bar to get to it. I definitely didn't see a "volunteer" link, but there's many ways to donate.

I can't be certain whether this is a case of crappy site or crappy computer. Is anyone else seeing actual links in the site to navigate?

There should be a "Log In" and a "Sign Up" link in the upper right side of the green nav bar at the top. There should also be a big "Join Now!" link on the left if you're on the event page and not yet a member.

There are no active events yet, so the schedule should appear empty. I don't know if you need to be able to sign up for events in order to volunteer or what. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of documentation on the site.

I'll spend some time messing around with a test account and see if I can write up instructions.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
I respect that you'd rather not have to do it all by hand, Mark; but for the record, I detest the thought of signing up for yet another random internet site. My list of handles and passwords is already six pages long. I sincerely hope this is a genuine improvement to the process, or I'm gonna be really cranky. Which would make me an ungrateful swine, cuz, y'know, this is all free. So let's hope that doesn't happen.

Remove ads