Chicago Gameday 37 is March 15th: Sign-up tonight at 7pm on Warhorn.net

buzz

Adventurer

Chicago Gameday 37 is happening on Saturday, March 15th, starting at 9:30 a.m. (8:00 a.m. if you want to join us for breakfast!)

Player sign-up begins tonight, Monday the 3rd, at 7pm CST.

This time around, player registration for Chicago Gameday is being handled by Warhorn.net. Here's how you sign up.

1. Go to Warhorn.net and sign up for an account if you do not have one already.

2. Once you have your Warhorn account, go to the Chicago Gameday 37 Warhorn page and register. You should see a Register for this event button in the upper right.

1.png

3. Clicking the Register for this event button will bring you to a confirmation screen. Click the Register button at the bottom to confirm your registration.

2.png

4. Once you're registered, you can view the event schedule by clicking the link in the left-hand nav area.

3.png

5. Once you're on the event schedule page, you'll see Play buttons next to the events with available seats. Click the button for the event in which you'd like to play.

4.png

6. You should see a confirmation dialog appear. Click Save to confirm your place in the event.

5.png

7. You should return to the event schedule. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for all of the events in which you'd like to play. There will be a Withdraw button next to the events for which you have reserved a seat. You can click these buttons to give up your seat in an event.

6.png

8. At any time, you can click the Your personal schedule link in the left nav area to view your Gameday 37 schedule.

7.png

If you have any problems during sign-up, feel free to contact me.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
I really miss all the backchatter on the signup thread =\

I hear ya. Not having a central "message board" has felt kind of weird. OTOH, Warhorn's ability to let me directly email registrants has proven incredibly effective; much better response rate than trying to alert people via the thread.

We'll have a postmortem about the Warhorn experience after Gameday.

buzz

Adventurer
Chicago Gameday 37 was a blast!

We had around 40 people attend #chicagogameday 37 yesterday, a jam-packed day of gaming from 9:30 a.m. 'till a little after 9:00 p.m. when we final stragglers departed.

Taking into account some last-minute schedule changes, we saw the flowing games played: 13th Age, Fate Accelerated (multiple events), Marvel Heroic, Dresden Files, Conspiracy of Shadows: Apprentice, Danger Patrol, Numenéra, Heroine, Castles & Crusades, and Dread.

In the coming days, I'll write up my experiences with the two events in which I GM'ed and played. In the meantime, please feel free to share your Gameday thoughts here and elsewhere around the Interwebs.

Thanks to everyone who played and ran, who returned yet again or met with us for the first time, and to our gracious hosts, Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL.

We'll do it all again come summer!

/me keeps fingers crossed that summer will actually come to the Midwest in 2014.

https://plus.google.com/100990311348178195048/posts/FFbuQ6qbtDX

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.606053922798386.1073741829.121115257958924&type=1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gameday/sets/72157642445152593/

Thanks to all my players for putting up with my very poor knowledge of the Numenera system, and helping me kick its tires. I think I'm a fan of both the setting and the rules system, and I learned about what needs to happen to run the game well--thanks!

Thanks to Josh and my fellow players for a fun romp through Arkham (Gotham, not Massachusets, I discovered mid-game!) Asylum using the Dread rules. Never before have I seen such Jenga skills in my life. Incredible.

In general, while I found the warhorn sign-up system pretty straightforward and easy--and I'm sure you found it just superb for keeping you sane, buzz--I too missed the sign-up thread chatter. Maybe we just need to make more use of the sign-up announcement thread after the event sign-up starts on Warhorn?

TracerBullet42

First Post
I, too, agree that the pregame chatter was missed. The signup process sure was easy, though, and I'm glad it makes it easier on Buzz.

Thanks to Games Plus for hosting, Buzz for organizing, and to all the GMs for making fun games happen!

Extra thanks to Willow for the trip into the 13th Age with the Grimstone Manor delve. Dwarven Forge tiles are pretty sweet, even if it took us a while to notice that secret door. :) BEWARE THE BADGER!!!

More thanks, as well, to Reid for doing a test run of his card system for generating characters and adventures. I think you're really on to something with those cards...they worked really well!

See y'all in the summer! So long as I can make it, I will run some InSpectres. :)

buzz

Adventurer
In the coming week or so, I'll send out a survey about the Warhorn experience and see how folks felt about it.

I'm also definitely thinking about ways to facilitate the Gameday sign-up chatter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases