Chicago Gameday 39 is Sept 13th, 2014
- Chicago Gameday 39 is a day of FREE RPG gaming. You can learn more about Chicago Gameday by viewing our FAQ page.
- Feel free to like our Facebook page to stay abreast of announcements and future Chicago Gamedays.
Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL.
[highlight]Sept 13th[/highlight], 2014, from 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
We invite you to join us at 8:00 a.m. for breakfast at Le Peep.
Morning: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Translucent University, Nev the Deranged
- DCC RPG, Reidzilla (private room)
- Ghostbusters, TracerBullet42
- Urban Shadows, Genevieve80
- Myth & Magic, BRG
- Medieval Fantasy Miniatures Wargame, Mark CMG
- Marvel Heroic, Vyvyan Basterd
Afternoon: 3:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Supernatural, Ninjacat
- FAE, DainXB
- Feng Shui, Trevalon Moonleirion
- Myth & Magic, BRG
- Monster of the Week, JoeBeason
- AD&D 1e, Mark CMG (private room)
- Time Cellist, meganjank
- willowx (pending)
- Mark CMG
[h=2]How Do I Sign Up?[/h]
[size=+1][highlight]Please note: Player registration begins on Sept 2nd, 2014 at 7pm.[/highlight][/size]
- Create an account with Warhorn.net, if you have not done so already.
- Once you have an account set up, register for Gameday 39 on its Warhorn page.
- Once registered, view the event schedule and click the Play button for any events in which you'd like to play. This will reserve you a seat in those events.
- Once you've signed up for events you can log in an view your personal schedule at any time.
[h=2]How to Run an Event For Us[/h]
If you would like to run an event for Chicago Gameday, please follow these three steps.
[h3]1. Post your event description in this thread[/h3]
Your event description must include the following:
- [highlight]Time[/highlight]: morning (9:30 a.m.) or afternoon (3:30 p.m.) slot;
- [highlight]Game system[/highlight]: e.g., "D&D 4e";
- [highlight]Event Title[/highlight]: e.g., "The Caves of Chaos";
- [highlight]Description[/highlight]: ideally, short and to the point; here are some guidelines from designer/editor Ryan Macklin;
- [highlight]An image[/highlight]: one you wish associated with your event description, or else state that you are happy to leave that up to me;
- [highlight]Content Rating[/highlight]: choose either "Kid-Friendly" or "Adults Only";
- [highlight]Number of Players[/highlight]: total your event can accomodate, not including yourself;
- [highlight]Table Preference[/highlight]: If you need a specific table or want to reserve the private room, say so in your post below. However, please be aware that table assignments may be adjusted depending on the size of your event. View a map of the Games Plus play area
Either like us on Facebook or provide me with your email address so I can add you to our mailing list. You can email me at buzz (at) buzzmo (dot) com. If you have Private Messaging enabled here at ENWorld, that works, too.
[h3]3. Subscribe to this thread on ENWorld or else make sure to check it regularly.[/h3]
[h=2]How to Be a Great Gameday GM[/h]
[highlight]You should create a safe, friendly space for your event.[/highlight]
Introduce yourself and help introduce the players to each other. Be accommodating to people with special needs, e.g., someone who needs to sit closer to you in order to hear better. Be sensitive to players who let you know they are uncomfortable with certain topics your game may address; do what you can to make them comfortable. In short, treat your players as you would guests in your home.
[highlight]You should be aware of how long your event lasts.[/highlight]
Four hours is the ideal minimum. Morning events should end with enough time left to allow you and your players to get lunch and spend some time shopping before the start of afternoon event slot. Afternoon events should keep both the Metra schedules and the store's hours in mind.
[highlight]You should come to Gameday prepared to run your event[/highlight]
...no matter how many people have signed up for it. If you don't want to run your event, let me know as soon as possible, and I will remove it from the schedule.