• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday Planning Thread

Quickbeam

Explorer
MattyHelms said:

Quickbeam - It's nothing personal, I'm just not sure if I'm going to run Cthulhu at this Gameday. If I do, it would be conditional on the return of Liz and DUDE!!!!!

-Matt

I know it wasn't anything personal, I was just hassling you. But forgetting Liv's name makes her very angry...and you wouldn't like her when she's angry ;).

Just a couple of months and counting.

MattyHelms

First Post
Mark - you simmer down! You're dead to me after retiring from running Gamedays!!!! PLUS, getting people to start scheduling two months before the Gameday!!!! Sheesh!!!! Your new title is "Gameday Loki", my friend :)

Quickbeam - Remember, PC names in Cthulhu only matter for filling out coroner reports and sanitarium admission paperwork. Actually, as I think I've mentioned before, I'd love to have you run Liv again just to see how she's coping with her experiences.

Thanks,
Matt

originally posted by KnowTheToe
Trev, I got marks back, so you had better speak a little more respectable to our friend Mark. I would hate to have to make a special visit after one of your performances.

Well if you come to the show before the backstage visit.... :D

You know as well as I do that Mark needs a little slapping around sometimes... :D

MattyHelms

First Post
Thanks for the bump.

I guess now is a good time to mention that once we hit May (and hit May for real - I'll even check a calendar this time), I'll start the big ol' planning thread. Start thinking about what you might like to play. :)

Heck, maybe we'll just start that right now.

Let's get this straight - no schedules and no signing-up yet... Let's just see what we're all hoping to play so some of us can make plans before scheduling a game...

Me? I may take a break from running Cthulhu this Gameday. I'd like to be a player in both sessions this time - something chock-full of high adventure would be nice. I'd like to try out some Mustants & Masterminds, Silver Age Sentinels, or play in a Cthulhu game. On the other hand, I may just end up running that Synnibarr adventure I've been talking about :)

Anyone else have some game cravings they'd like to share before we get to the nitty-gritty of scheduling?

Thanks,
Matt

buzz

Adventurer
If we're talking strictly d20, my main interests would be d20 Modern and Call of Cthulhu, seeing as I try to play systems at Game Day that my regular groups do not. Out of the ones we do play, M&M would top the list, followed by D&D.

If anyone is willing to run other systems, my preferences, in order, would be Unknown Armies, anything HERO, Adventure!, and Silver Age Sentinels (Tri-Stat).

Of course, if Matt is going to run World of Synnibar, well... you can sign me up right now. :)

I'll be running the Whispering Woodwind, a fine adventure by our own Mark of CreativeMountain Games in one slot (probably morning) and will be most likely be playing in whatever he ends up running in the afternoon.

Gosh darn i can't wait!!! :)

Diremede

First Post
d20 modern

I would love to play a d20 modern game or even host one if there is enough interest. If not than I will probably be looking to run or play in D&D game.

ejja_1

First Post
Pre game day wishes and stuff

I usually dont make the morning session as I am sleeping like the lazy bastich that I am, but would love to attend marks second session game with trev. That is if you can stand my style of play twice in one reality......
In other news.....
I live in the lake in the hills area and wouldnt mind driving if anyone needs a ride thats close to where I reside, I do drive a pickup truck however so I only have room for one.

Ejja_1

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads