• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday - The Aftermath

Nazriel

First Post
MattyHelms said:
Okay, but you actually have to sleep before the Gameday this time around. Even if the dreams about saving me from arrows haunt you, you need sleep.

-Matt

Bah! The dreams don't haunt me. They're fun. I have a hero complex. :D And they're bolts. ;)

~~Sharraunna

[edit] Bollocks. Husband's board name. :p

Last edited:

Nazriel

First Post
Sign me up for breakfast please.

And although Dragon Battle Royale looks very very tempting to me, I'm going to hold off to see what other games spring up before committing to anything. :)

Nazriel

MattyHelms

First Post
Mark said:
I imagine most folks will want to see what sort of options they will have before committing to a game. Where are all the DMs, anyway? I'm surprised that more players don't try their hand at DMing during these gamedays. I think a lot of would-be DMs find themselves in groups where one person is usually the DM and they don't get the chance often, if at all. We could use a few more first timers here! It's certainly a friendly enough environment for folks to give it a try... :)

That's kind of why I haven't posted any games to run yet. I'm hoping some new poeple will step up to the plate this time around.

These Gamedays are all about trying new things, so go on and run that game you've always wanted to but your regular group never wanted to try! The only people who get ridiculed are Mark and me, anyway, so what do you have to worry about? :)

-Matt

MattyHelms

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
Yes, it's friendly. Everyone should do it at least once. I ran a game two years ago, and I'm still learning from that experience. :eek:

Oh, and Matt, I emailed you about something. And the tenative release date for the next version is 2005....

And I'm waiting for you to run something again. I'm dying to try something like Weird Wars. Please connect the dots, my friend.

-Matt

MattyHelms

First Post
Nazriel said:
Sign me up for breakfast please.

And although Dragon Battle Royale looks very very tempting to me, I'm going to hold off to see what other games spring up before committing to anything. :)

Nazriel

You're in, my friend!

I should've just signed you up for the Dragon Battle Royale - it could be Flappy McFlap Flap's revenge!!!

-Matt

While I'm not sure if I'll have anything school related going on, as far as the little I-Book planner I have says, I'm absolutely free that weekend. So, Matty, please sign me up for this bad boy! :D

As for what I'm playing/running... I'm really not sure. Both of Mr. Clover's offerings do sound fun, but I always enjoy GMing, and of course, letting others experience the pleasure of basking in his...we'll just call it glory. :)

What are people interested in playing? I've got a number of modules, including, off the top of my head:
*most of the adventure path
*Rappan Athuk 1, 2, and 3
*Of Sound Mind
*The Banewarrens
*City of the Spider Queen

Damn, that's really all I can think of and most of them aren't super well-suited to a gameday experience. Anyhow, I've generally been Mark's playtest whore for the past few gamedays, and I'd be happy to continue the streak, if he wanted.

Alternatively, I could just sit back enjoy play from the other side of the screen both slots this time around... :)

We'll go with undecided for now. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads