• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday - The Aftermath

MattyHelms

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
1. Hey, there was gonna be a February Gameday in Milwaukee; guess that's March now. :)

2. Sign me up for breakfast (which I haven't made since June 2002, I think).

3. Matt, will your Synnibarr game be in the afternoon or the morning? And will it be regular Synnibarr or the new version? "New version?" I hear you ask. Why, yes, Raven emailed me and noted that he is working on a new version. I hope it's D20 compatible!

1. Really?!?! Man, thalmin and I didn't even think of that when we were discussing times for this... February was kind of the tradition for the first Gameday of the year. The 14th is Valentine's Day and the 21st is my son's birthday, so that left the 28th or the 7th. The 7th left only a month and most of March is bad for Games Plus, so we picked 2/28. I am truly sorry if we're stepping on another Gameday.

2. You're in. Glad you can make it again.

3. I am not sure if I'll be running Synnibarr this time around. sharaunna, nazriel, Joe Cohen, and I were talking about it at today's game - If I do run Synnibarr, it'll be with pre-gens and a different "adventure". Thalmin did level some sort of threat at me if I run it again, though.

3.5. Raven said what? Are you pulling my leg? I haven't e-mailed him in around a year. I can't picture Synnibarr being d20, though - it would lose a lot in the translation!

-Matt

MattyHelms said:
1. Really?!?! Man, thalmin and I didn't even think of that when we were discussing times for this... February was kind of the tradition for the first Gameday of the year. The 14th is Valentine's Day and the 21st is my son's birthday, so that left the 28th or the 7th. The 7th left only a month and most of March is bad for Games Plus, so we picked 2/28. I am truly sorry if we're stepping on another Gameday.

2. You're in. Glad you can make it again.

3. I am not sure if I'll be running Synnibarr this time around. sharaunna, nazriel, Joe Cohen, and I were talking about it at today's game - If I do run Synnibarr, it'll be with pre-gens and a different "adventure". Thalmin did level some sort of threat at me if I run it again, though.

3.5. Raven said what? Are you pulling my leg? I haven't e-mailed him in around a year. I can't picture Synnibarr being d20, though - it would lose a lot in the translation!

-Matt
1. The Milwaukee thing was very tentative. But the first Chicago Gameday was Jan 5 2002. There was one the following January, but I don't remember the exact date.

2. Glad to be there!

3. No biggie; I knew you might not run it. I had an idea for an adventure based on something in the "Ultimate Adventurer's Guide" - I think someone should run an adventure where everyone goes through "The Maiming" - and then we could LARP the "Oath of Hope" for those who pass.

3.5 Yes, he really did. No, I'm not pulling your leg. I doubt it's D20. You're right--it would definitely lose too much in translation! There are links to his new web page on my Synnibarr page.

MattyHelms

First Post
Sharraunna said:
Sign me up for breakfast. I'll sit in the undecided group for a bit till I see what's to be offered. :)

~~Sharraunna

Okay, but you actually have to sleep before the Gameday this time around. Even if the dreams about saving me from arrows haunt you, you need sleep.

-Matt

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
MattyHelms said:
While both of Mark's games sound incredible, I would like to give some other people a chance to experience games run by him.

I imagine most folks will want to see what sort of options they will have before committing to a game. Where are all the DMs, anyway? I'm surprised that more players don't try their hand at DMing during these gamedays. I think a lot of would-be DMs find themselves in groups where one person is usually the DM and they don't get the chance often, if at all. We could use a few more first timers here! It's certainly a friendly enough environment for folks to give it a try... :)

Mark said:
I'm surprised that more players don't try their hand at DMing during these gamedays. I think a lot of would-be DMs find themselves in groups where one person is usually the DM and they don't get the chance often, if at all. We could use a few more first timers here! It's certainly a friendly enough environment for folks to give it a try... :)
Yes, it's friendly. Everyone should do it at least once. I ran a game two years ago, and I'm still learning from that experience. :eek:

Oh, and Matt, I emailed you about something. And the tenative release date for the next version is 2005....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads