• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday - The Aftermath

MattyHelms

First Post
The Details - A day of FREE gaming, courtesy of your friends at Games Plus! All we ask is that you sign up to run or play in a game by replying to this thread. It's that easy to particiapte! Reply or PM with any questions, otherwise, see you all there! Note that more tables than what are listed will be available if you'd like to run a game you don't see listed here!

Location-

Games Plus
101 W Prospect Ave
Mount Prospect, Illinois 60056
(847) 577-9656
Hosts: Curt Duval & Jeff Swegler (owners)

Schedule-

Breakfast (Slot Null) - To be held from 8:00AM to 9:00AM at Little America (located across the tracks and a couple blocks northwest of the store)-

1. Mark
2. MattyHelms
3. Barendd Nobeard
4. William Ronald
5. Sharraunna
6. Painfully
7. Nazriel
8. ejja_1
9. Trevalon Moonleirion
10. KnowTheToe
11. s100bus
12. Lemas

(Arrive at the store around 9AM to settle in at your game tables)

Slot One - 9:30AM to 2:30PM

Game 1 - Weird Wars - Springing a Trapp in Salzburg
Summary - War has started, and the Allies need every advantage possible. An Austrian naval Captain from World War I holds vital information about the Reich's current naval operations, and rumor has it he's sympathetic to the anti-Hitler forces. His information is important--so you'd better get him out of Salzburg alive.
(Characters provided)

GM - Barendd Nobeard
Seats - 2 Open
1. MattyHelms
2. rowport
3. Quickbeam
4. buzz

Game 2 - D&D Miniatures Battle
Summary - 4-6 players. 100 point warbands. Rules can be taught (hey, it's D&D combat mostly). Figures from both Harbinger and Dragoneye sets, figures can be provided.
The warbands I have set up are:
Dwarf warband (LG)
Halfling warband
Human adventurers (LG)
Elf warband (CG)
Druid and friends (CG)
Necromancer and minions (LE)
Goblinoid warband
Orc warband (CE)
Dungeon denizens (CE)
Drow warband (CE)

All are 98 or 99 points. Please let me know your preferences, or submit your own for approval.
The scenario: The Crown of Rule has been reported to be found in a large cavern, guarded by several creatures. Unfortunately, others know of the crowns whereabouts, too. You must retrieve the crown if at all possible, or at least prevent anyone else from doing so.

DM - thalmin
Seats - 3 open
1. ejja_1 - Elf warband (CG)
2. KnowTheToe - Dwarf warband (LG)
3. TracerBullet42 - Halfling Warband
4. Henwy
5. Nazriel - Drow warband (CE)
6. William Ronald - Human adventurers (LG)
7. Trevalon Moonleirion
8. FCWesel - Necromancer and minions (LE)

Game 3 - Tales of Wyn D'mere - Lucky Day
Summary - (Non d20 fantasy RPG, rules taught, characters provided)
Since the beginning of the Traykin war the great port city of Vellici has been plagued by piracy. As of yet, not a single pirate ship has been caught and the Merchant's Guild considers any attempts to stop the piracy cursed. Now that the war has been won, good King Estoni charges you, his war heroes, to seek out these pirates and bring them to justice.

GM - Reid San Filippo (Reidzilla)
Seats - 5 open
1. Painfully

Game 4 - BESM d20/ D&D 3e - The Assassins Gambit
Summary - This is 7th level 3.5 adventure Called "The Assassins Gambit". It is set in Arcadia city of Magic and skulduggery in the world of Neo-Orion. The players may use the PHB, BESM d20 anime manual to generate their PC's. I will allow up to 6 players to play and will start at 0930 hours.
Players may e-mail me their characters for final approval and if there are clerics, I can e-mail Neo-Orions pantheon. Players may also e-mail me with any questions they might have.

GM - SGTScott
Seats - 6 open

Meal Break from 2:30PM - 3:30PM (be back on time!)

Prize Drawings! - 3:30PM - 4PM
Including prizes from Creative Mountain Games and a signed copy of the Dragonlance Campaign Setting book donated by KnowTheToe!

Slot Two - 4PM to 9PM (or later...)

Game 1 - D&D - The Lost Caverns
Summary - The three daughters of the Count of Madosture have been abducted by persons unknown. Clues point to the Lost Caverns under the Hills of Dissent. Your party must seek out the culprits and bring the children back alive! (10th level characters provided)
GM - Mark Clover (Creative Mountain Games)
Seats - 3 open
1. thalmin - barbarian
2. Joe Gamer - ranger
3. Jubei

Game 2 - Call of Cthulhu BRP - The Sound of One Hand Punching
Summary - Remember that old show Kung Fu? Set it on a frontier world in space and then throw in Creative Moutain Games-style Giant Bears and Call of Cthulhu-style horrors and you've got, I hope, a rip-roarin' good time. I'll be using a custom version of the original Call of Cthulhu rules. Characters will be provided and simple rules explained.
GM - MattyHelms
Seats - Closed
1. rowport
2. buzz
3. Quickbeam
4. Reidzilla
5. Nazriel
6. Halma

Game 3 - D&D - The Shattered Circle
Summary - "Evil is seeping from the earth!"
-Old Two Fingers
From time out of mind, the standing stones known as the Circle of Cahervaniel have stood lonely vigil on a grassy hilltop. Sheepherders once moved their flocks over the hill and through the circle, sometimes resting in the cool shadows cast by the ancient stones.

Everything changed when a stone finger fell, revealing a fissure in the earth. Now, dark shadows caress the circle after the sun sets. Creatures out of nightmare dance upon the hillside at night. Many swear that a unicorn of deepest ebony now hunts all upon two legs who draw near, while stunted creatures scurry in the shadows, abducting sheep from their sheds and drawing them down below ground for food.

After the disappearance of a sheperd, fear grows stronger in neighboring villages. Who will brave the black hollow of the ancient Circle of Cahervaniel? Heroes of stern mettle must descend into the cavity and explore the ancient spaces existing there.

At this point, I'm leaning towards letting people bring their own PCs, standard 3.5 rules only. But more on that later.

GM - Trevalon Moonleirion
Seats - 1 open
1. ejja_1
2. Barendd Nobeard
3. KnowTheToe
4. William Ronald
5. TracerBullet42

Game 4 - D&D 3e: Rokugan Setting - A Tainted Collection
Summary - Month of the Dog, when harvests are prepared to bring to the market, when armies retreat for respect of winter’s touch, when rain and monsoons swarm over villages like nezumi over a tossed coin… when taxes for the Emperor are collected. Or that is how things are supposed to go. Imperial tax collector Torturi Payami has failed to arrive at a trading center near the Kaui Pass, the Crab fortification Mura nisa Shinden Hitomi (Village of Morning Light). Rumors of bandits persist, accusations abundant, and suspects numerous. Will Tortui Payami be found and the perpetrators brought to justice? Or will the Emperor’s gold be lost and honor remain unsatisfied?

A Tainted Collection is a D&D 3.5 adventure set within the Rokugan setting. 7th level characters will be provided. Anyone with any questions or interests in Rokugan can email me by clicking Here.

GM - Relic
Seats - 1 open
1. Painfully
2. spacepirat3
3. Jacob
4. Eliot
5. Greg

Game 4 - D&D 3e: Living Kingdoms of Kalamar- With Thine Eyes (LKOK #5)
Summary - Rumors of a massing Tokite army and missing Pekalese military scouts brings the characters to the attention of a powerful duke. He seeks their assistance in verifying these rumors and discovering what has happened to the missing soldiers.

I need 4-6 players to make it a sanctioned RPGA table. If interested players are not yet RPGA members, I have ordered free membership applications and should have them in time for the event. Prior knowledge of the Kingdoms of Kalamar is not necessary.

For more information on the Living Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign check out www.kenzerco.com or the Living Kingdoms of Kalamar yahoo group.

DM - Brian Jelke
Seats - 1 open
1. Nikmal
2. Ethelrede
3. ansx
4. LilDragon94
5. uncleflapjackass

Attending, but Undecided
s100bus
Lemas

Last edited:

MattyHelms

First Post
I'm going to leave the official information in the first post and handle all questions and comments and planning in the rest of the thread.

Scheduling will work the same as before - propose a game, which slot you want it to run in, an adventure name and summary, and how many players. The game will be added to the schedule and players will sign up in the thread.

NEW
Just to make sure all is cool with rule number two, I am going to wait for GM approval before putting someone officially in the game.
NEW

A few house rules for those new to the Gameday ranks:
1. You must be a registered ENWorld member to sign up - no signing up "by proxy."
2. IMPORTANT - no game switching! Once you sign up for a game, you're in that game - it's not fair to the GM or the other players to back out like that. Keep in mind, though, that a GM can turn away players.
3. The prize drawing will be limited to those who pre-register. We want to reward people for committing early to running or playing a game and think this is the best way to do it.

Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise - GAME ON!

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Breakfast

1. Mark

------------------

Slot One - 9:30AM to 2:30PM

Game 1 - Dragon Battle Royale!
Summary - Take the part of a dragon battling for supremacy against your kindred in this no holds barred competition of the most fiercesome race to ever live! (Dragon Stats provided)
Seats - 6 open
Open to more if need be...

----------------------

Prize Drawings! - 3:30PM - 4PM

I will be donating a good cache of prizes, both electronic and physical...

----------------------------

Slot Two - 4PM to 9PM (or later...)

Game 1 - The Lost Caverns
Summary - The three daughters of the Count of Madosture have been abducted by persons unknown. Clues point to the Lost Caverns under the Hills of Dissent. Your party must seek out the culprits and bring the children back alive! (10th level characters provided)
Seats - 6 open

:)

MattyHelms

First Post
thalmin said:
Matt, please sign me up for the Game Day, but list me as undecided for events so far.

Done - thanks for signing up and letting us play at your place again.

I've also marked myself as undecided. While both of Mark's games sound incredible, I would like to give some other people a chance to experience games run by him.

-Matt

1. Hey, there was gonna be a February Gameday in Milwaukee; guess that's March now. :)

2. Sign me up for breakfast (which I haven't made since June 2002, I think).

3. Matt, will your Synnibarr game be in the afternoon or the morning? And will it be regular Synnibarr or the new version? "New version?" I hear you ask. Why, yes, Raven emailed me and noted that he is working on a new version. I hope it's D20 compatible!

Remove ads