Chicago Gameday X: the awesome aftermath

Pbartender

First Post
buzz said:
Pbartender, Joe Cohen, ChicagoRoy, and spacepirat3, you now have your afternoon free. Let me know what oher games you'd like to sign up for.

You do realize that, aside form the mini painting seminar, there is only one game with only one available seat in the afternoon.

buzz

Adventurer
Pbartender said:
You do realize that, aside form the mini painting seminar, there is only one game with only one available seat in the afternoon.
Holy McCrap! I was last doing updates around 6am today, so I guess my bleary eyes missed that. :eek:

Now would be a great time for a heroic, last-minute-booyah GM to reveal themselves. I'll put a call out on the mailing list. Worse comes to worst, I can step up, though I really hate to miss out on a Mark Clover game yet AGAIN. :(

Oh, cruel fate! Thou hast tinkled in mine Wheaties!

GORAK

First Post
Buzz,
I got approval from my manager to have Sat the 26th off so I will step down from Slot 2, Game 4 to come forward and GM a game for Slot 2, Game 5. I will go ahead and create a 3.0 D&D game scenario and post it later tonight. I can always become a last minute walkin to any open evening game if nobody shows up for my game. I was unable to GM any game at the last Gameday so this will give me another opportunity at it.
later
Gorak

buzz

Adventurer
Thanks, GORAK! I'll add your event to the roster once you've got a description.

Give GORAK a big round of applause, everybody! :D

GORAK

First Post
Game description- Slot 2, Game 5

Buzz,
Here is the game description that you can add for Slot 2, Game 5 below the dotted line. Remember to remove me from Slot 2, Game 4 then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game 5- The Harvest of Fear (a D20 Ravenloft adventure)
GORAK, Ravenloft- D20 3.0 D&D
Summary- These are dark and fearful times for the people of the farming town of Willisford on the Island of Staunton Bluffs. In the last few months, many people have vanished without a trace and just recently a farmer was found dead in his fields whilst tending to his crops. It is now the beginning of the harvest in the early fall and with the cargo ships due to arrive in a little over a month's time, Mayor Jared Bleysmith is desperate and had issued an advertisement a while back to be delivered to the mainland in hopes of attracting a band of heroes to come to Willisford to seek out and destroy the mysterious evil that has been terrorizing his people. On a cold and rainy morning, he receives a telegram from the port of Devonshire from the mainland that a party of hired adventurers will be arriving at Willisford's dock in the next couple days in answer to his advertisement. As he leans back in an old wooden rocking chair smoking his pipe, he finally breathes a sigh of relief and silently hopes to himself that these heroes are brave and fortunate enough to deliver Willisford from this dark harvest of fear.

Characters-
Custom characters- 3rd level, wealth- 2,700gp, 32 point buy system (3.0 DMG p.19), core books only (3.0/3.5 PHB/DMG), core races only, maximum hit points. You may use your 2,700 gp starting wealth to buy any standard item in PHB and any magic item in DMG providing you can afford it, use base market price, remember to have money left over to buy weapons, armor, clothes, etc. There will be no real opportunity to buy items once you arrive on Staunton's Bluff.
I will also have a handful of pregenerated characters available for anyone who wants them.
Ravenloft campaign game mechanics will be in place when the game starts and modifications to characters will be made at that time.

Remove ads