• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday X: the awesome aftermath

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks to thalmin and the great people at Games Plus for being such wonderful hosts.

Thanks to buzz for his hard work in organizing the Game Day.

Thanks to FC Wesel and all the players in his game for a great adventure. It was my first time playing Stargate SG-1, and I had a blast. (Okay, so did the tower, but that's a long story.... ;) )

Thanks to Mark, and everyone in his game, for a truly memorable adventure -- and the quickest death I have ever seen at a gaming table. :D

I am looking forward to the next Game Day already.

Yort

First Post
A delayed thanks to all involved in making another Gameday rock! Only at Games Plus can someone go from cabin boy to Baron of Mt. Prospect in the space of a day.

Matt, thanks for the swashbuckling fun. Might I suggest less nature next time? Stupid animals, with their claws and the biting and the crushing and the hurting.

Wesel, a rollicking good time as always. The action was fast, furious, and at times, covered in vomit. What more can you ask for?

Good to see what is quickly becoming many familiar faces. Already looking forward to the next Gameday ("It goes up to 11") and plan on gaming with some of you much sooner.

Roll them bones, except Lt. Buzz. That way lie danger.

Yort

FCWesel

First Post
Yort said:
Wesel, a rollicking good time as always. The action was fast, furious, and at times, covered in vomit. What more can you ask for?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women?

TracerBullet42

First Post
Well, I only managed to snap off two pictures during the day, but here they are, for anyone interested...

The first one is the group moving through the lair of stirges. The second is of John (Painfully). I include it because he weaseled his way out of the first picture...

*edit: erm, the other way around...I think you can figure it out. And it appears that Pvt. Patterson managed to avoid the picture as well...

rustynorm6

First Post
Now that I can actually post again, I also wanted to say thanks to Diremede and Mark for running some great games, especially to Diremede who provided me with about 100 goblins to roast before I finally got a taste of my own medicine and got sizzled like a piece of bacon. It was a great time and I look forward to the next one.

Pbartender

First Post
Well... First, I wanted to thank Tracerbullet. I wasn't feeling very well that afternoon, and had considered going home early (Sunday and Monday had me laid out with a nasty flu I apparently caught from my wife and kids). But I'm glad I'd stayed. It's always nice to be able to use a few of my Rat Bastard DM tricks as a player, on occasion. I was very proud of the fact that I managed to do something significantly useful with both a sound burst and a cause fear spell.

buzz said:
Pbartender and Mark, your games were PHENOMENAL. They were the kind of games where I learned how to be a better GM. Wait for it... BOOYAH!

thalmin, KnowTheToe, rowport, AelyaShade, and Yort... if it's the last thing I do, I'll make sure I see you all hang from the highest yardarm in Her Majesty's Navy. And I mean that in a good way. :)

AelyaShade said:
Big hug to Pbartender for a lovely trek to the Lost Temple of Ixtapolapocoetl, as well as my fellow adventurers. I wear my scar from the nasty beast of endless tentacles with pride!

rowport said:
Thanks especially to Matt & Mark- both of your games were fantastic fun-...

To Matt's players: Of course, as soon as the Lieutenant blew off the head of the giant stalking statue, I stabbed him in the back and appointed myself Captain Coxswain. Yarrr!

thalmin said:
Matt, I thoroughly enjoyed your game. You even brought eye patches and pirate hats!!! (Or were they hats of d02?)...

...Buzz, fantastic job. (My apologies to the lieutenant. I didn't mean to blow up one of your cannons. :heh: )

KnowTheToe said:
Matt's game was a traditional pirate treasure hunt, with a jaunt through the jungle which included being swarmed by piranah and thrown into a scaraficial well. It was definitely a good time, Thanks Matt

Yort said:
Matt, thanks for the swashbuckling fun. Might I suggest less nature next time? Stupid animals, with their claws and the biting and the crushing and the hurting.

Roll them bones, except Lt. Buzz. That way lie danger.

You know guys, nothing makes me happier than knowing the players had a good time. I must say, though, it makes the game so much easier to GM, when the players are willing to get into the game and play along. You guys did great.

The game seemed like such a hit, I'll have to consider running another Skull & Bones adventure next time. Though, if I did that, I'd have think carefully about whether to run the Star Wars D6 adventure I was thinking about, or playing something. Oh well, I've got four months to figure it out.

Oh! I working through the paperwork to transfer to a different department... One in which I won't have to work a rotating shift! [INSERT HAPPY DANCE HERE] If all goes well, I won't have to worry about working Game Day weekends ever again!

As Buzz would say...
BOOYAH!

Remove ads