• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVII Planning Thread: June 30th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Vyvyan Basterd said:
Buzz,

Put me down for an afternoon slot of D&D: Black Company, using said rukles published by Green Ronin.

Stepping up, eh? Well played, Sir! :)

buzz

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:
I'll try to get that worked out, but I'd like to claim a table in the afternoon.
Vyvyan Basterd said:
Put me down for an afternoon slot of D&D: Black Company, using said rukles published by Green Ronin.
Done and done. I've also nabbed a morning slot for my SotC game.

There should be room to add one more morning event and two more afternoon events. thalmin, please let us know otherwise.

buzz

Adventurer
Vyvyan Basterd said:
I've wanted to run Black Company for a while but could never sell my regular group on it.
For me, Gameday is basically "Run Games My Group Would Never Go For Day." Ergo, why I so rarely run any D&D. :)

Pbartender

First Post
buzz said:
For me, Gameday is basically "Run Games My Group Would Never Go For Day." Ergo, why I so rarely run any D&D. :)

For me, it's usually "You Will Be The Guinea Pigs For Something I Would Like to Try With My Group At Home", but sometimes it's "Run Game That I Wouldn't Otherwise Be Able To Fit Into My Gaming Schedule".

My group at home isn't all that picky about what we play... They'll try almost anything at least once.

I usually run stuff that I wouldn't normally be able to run at home just because I so infrequently get to play that most of the time my group doesn't want to waste time with anything else.

But I'm not running anything this time unless like a bunch of GMs drop, so it doesn't matter ;)

So c'mon GMs, let's see some game descriptions. I want stuff to ogle and drool over for the next few days while I'm finishing up my thesis and another random paper! Stop slacking and start writing your descriptions. And TB, just go ahead and pick ghostbusters and write that description. "You know you vanna..." :D

Pbartender

First Post
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
So c'mon GMs, let's see some game descriptions. I want stuff to ogle and drool over for the next few days while I'm finishing up my thesis and another random paper! Stop slacking and start writing your descriptions.

[h3]Slot 2[/h3]
Game 3: Famine in Far-Go
True20 d20
Pbartender
[bq][imager]http://www.enworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28918[/imager]
Far-Go is dying... the people are afraid... the animals are wasting away... the crops are withering in the fields. No one, not even the powerful high priest, Arx Skystone, know what caused Far-Go's misfortune.

You are a part of a group of young adventurers about to embark on the mysterous and perilous Rite of Adulthood. As you travel through the savage wilderness, all you have to guide you are your wits... your strength... and your dreams!!

"Our entire village is being ravaged by a plague of unknown origin and soon it will destroy all the land we love and call home. Unless this horror stops within a month we shall have to leave our village and seek a new home. This, my young ones, is where you might aid us all. As you travel to meet your destiny, look for fresh lands to make a new homeland. If luck should smile upon you, perhaps you may discover the reason and even a means to end this awful misfortune of ours."

This is a True20 d20 adventure for up to six 1st-level pre-generated characters. No experience required, but familiarity with the d20 system is helpful.[/bq]

Last edited:

TracerBullet42

First Post
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
And TB, just go ahead and pick ghostbusters and write that description. "You know you vanna..." :D
Well...ok. If you insist.

Afternoon Slot
Game 4: Ghostbusters III: Revenge of Dr. Janosz Poha
Ghostbusters D6
TracerBullet42

On the set of Ghostbusters III: Revenge of Dr. Janosz Poha, the Mount Prospect Ghostbusters franchise has been called in as consultants to ensure the "accuracy" of aspects of the film. When disaster strikes and our beloved busters of ghosts go missing on the set, it is up to you, THE ACTORS AND CELEBRITIES IN THE MOVIE, to find out what has gone wrong and make things right using what you've gleaned from them in the short time they were on the set.

That's right, in this game you can play anyone from Arnold Schwarzenegger to Paris Hilton as a "star" of Ghostbusters III or just some celebrity making a cameo appearance. Character generation is a snap, so we'll take care of that at the start of the game, but I'll have a few sample characters ready if you get stuck. (That also means that replacement characters can be whipped up in a jiffy if anything unfortunate should happen to one of our "stars.")

The system is ridiculously simple, so you need not know anything about it in advance. If you'd like to brush up on it a bit, however, you can go here to get a rough overview. All you need, though, is a handful of d6s and you'll be provided with the ultimate game mechanic: The Ghost Die.

Oh, and be prepared for things to get a little silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads