D&D Movie/TV Chloe Coleman boards Dungeons & Dragons movie

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Hot off the press from the Elk Valley Times comes a report about the latest celebrity to star in the upcoming D&D movie:

Chloe Coleman has joined the cast of the 'Dungeons & Dragons' film.

The 'My Spy' star will appear in an all-star ensemble for the movie, which is based on the decades popular fantasy tabletop role-playing game, with Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Rege-Jean Page and Hugh Grant.

It is not yet known who Chloe will be playing in the flick and plot details are also being kept a secret. Jonathan Goldstein will direct the project from a script by John Francis Daley.

'Dungeons & Dragons' - now owned by Hasbro - was designed by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, and first published in 1974 by Tactical Studies Rules, Inc. (TSR) and is a tactical war game played out using mythical miniature figurines and platforms to create armies, kingdoms and weaponry and polyhedral dice and are used to resolve random events.

The game was previously brought to the big screen in a 2000 movie starring Marlon Wayans, Zoe McLellan and Jeremy Irons, however, the movie flopped at the box office.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Uh-oh. It rarely bodes well when a child is cast as part of the main cast (assuming she is) of any movie in the broad action/adventure genre, and the movie isn't all about kids.
Princess Bride would be the perfect way to handle this.

The movie bookended at a table with the nosy kid-sister asking questions. Maybe the occasional meta-intrusion.

Alternatively, she's make a delightful halfling or child the group has to protect or rescue or something.

hopeless

Adventurer
Maybe she's the Princess and the party ends up rescuing her and are now lumbered with trying to get her home safely whilst the bad guy wants her for his version of the Conan sequel summoning the horned demon Arnie had to wrestle to rip off the horn to kill it?

Edit: Tried to access the article, but apparently they still think the UK is part of the EU well I think that's it meant!

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
If it helps in figuring out what sort of character she might play, she's 12 years old and 5' tall.

Off the top of my head, she'd be good as a fairy-type character, but I don't think they'd have a fairy as a major character. It's not a basic D&D PC kind of trope, and they probably don't want things seeming too Peter Pan/Disney-ish. She's an up-and-coming actress, so I doubt she's a minor character, so probably not a fairy-type?

So probably a kid, of whatever race they want, for the most part...

hopeless

Adventurer
So either the princess whose kidnapped and the heroes rescue her, maybe a sibling of one of the PCs and the bad guys kidnap her, then there's the possibility she's filling in for her parent and they get her help as there's no other choice?

Does she resemble Pine for instance?

dave2008

Legend
I can't believe no one else has commented on the description of D&D in the post:

"... a tactical war game played out using mythical miniature figurines and platforms to create armies, kingdoms and weaponry and polyhedral dice and are used to resolve random events."

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I can't believe no one else had commented on the description of D&D in the post:

"... a tactical war game played out using mythical miniature figurines and platforms to create armies, kingdoms and weaponry and polyhedral dice and are used to resolve random events."

It could be worse.

They could have described it as, "A forgotten Saturday-morning cartoon from the 80s."

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I can't believe no one else had commented on the description of D&D in the post:

I mean, that could have been a fair description in 1974?

Dausuul

Legend
And here all this time I've been using dice to resolve non-random events. Glad they cleared that up for me.

(Also, I know belts are pretty tight in the newspaper world, but they couldn't have a copy editor at least skim this paragraph? Hell, even Microsoft Word's rudimentary grammar checker could flag those errors.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases