D&D 5E Chris Perkins, Dungeon Mastering Tips. Premiers Sept 12, noon Central.

J-H

Hero
I'm about halfway through and this is really good stuff. Kid-friendly with no bad language, too, which I appreciate. I'm going to share this with some of my players in case they get interested in DMing.

Chris is also a good speaker in terms of vocal variety, pacing, and keeping it interesting. Easy to listen to.

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I liked a lot of what he was saying but was really disappointed when he brought up giving the players the illusion of choice. D&D isn’t a collaborative storytelling game unless the players get to make meaningful choices that actually affect the game.

darjr

I crit!
I'm about halfway through and this is really good stuff. Kid-friendly with no bad language, too, which I appreciate. I'm going to share this with some of my players in case they get interested in DMing.

Chris is also a good speaker in terms of vocal variety, pacing, and keeping it interesting. Easy to listen to.
I do think a discussion of how to speak is useful too. But his teaching by example is nice.

Reynard

Legend
I liked a lot of what he was saying but was really disappointed when he brought up giving the players the illusion of choice. D&D isn’t a collaborative storytelling game unless the players get to make meaningful choices that actually affect the game.
Yeah, we need to kill the whole illusion of choice thing dead.

Remove ads