D&D 5E Chronicles of Eberron Is Keith Baker's New D&D Book, out now!

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December. Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and...

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December.

Chronicles of Eberron.png

Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and dragon alike. What lies beneath the Barren Sea? What powers does Mordain the Fleshweaver wield within Blackroot? Who are the Grim Lords of the Bloodsail Principality? All these secrets and many more can be found in the Chronicles of Eberron…

• Chronicles of Eberron is a new 5E sourcebook from Eberron creator Keith Baker and designer Imogen Gingell.
  • This book explores a diverse range of topics, including lore and advice for both players and DMs, along with new monsters, treasures, spells and character options.
  • Chronicles of Eberron will be available on the DMs Guild as a PDF and print-on-demand.

But that's not all! There is a collaboration with Hero Forge and new T-Shirts!

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.50.20 AM.pngKeithBakerPresentsShirts_TwogetherStudios.jpg

dave2008

Legend
1. I'm super happy to hear this, his last book was fantastic (got both the hardcover and the pdf)! Looking forward to the announcement.

2. I wish there was a path for DMs Guild material to more easily become available on D&D Beyond rather than needing to manually homebrew every used piece personally. With WotC's purchase of D&D Beyond, I'd hope ease of 3rd party inclusion would be on their minds, but I'm not confident that it is.
Assuming DMsGuild continues after '24, I think there is a good chance the DMsGuild and DnD Beyond integration will become a reality, similar to how there are Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds options now.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
It's amazing how people get so much praise when they rescue someone for a disaster, but those who work hard to prevent disasters happening in the first place get slagged off as doomsayers.

Although I would rate the demise of Twitter a triumph rather than a disaster.
It's not that amazing. People react to what they see, and for Y2K what they saw appeared as much ado about nothing.

It's amazing how people get so much praise when they rescue someone for a disaster, but those who work hard to prevent disasters happening in the first place get slagged off as doomsayers.

Although I would rate the demise of Twitter a triumph rather than a disaster.

Twitter isn't going to have demise, hiccups yes, a demise yes.

Although Twitter is a crap hole, it didn't start off that way, stuff happened behind the scenes to cause that long before Elon got their, it's just that all of Twitters dirty laundry is now getting exposed. I won't go further into that topic because it's major thread drift.

Assuming DMsGuild continues after '24, I think there is a good chance the DMsGuild and DnD Beyond integration will become a reality, similar to how there are Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds options now.

Of course dmguild will continue past 2024, how else will the D&D team gets fans to do their work for them if there is no dmsguild? (Seriously, Domains of Delight, Spelljammer, the upcoming Dragonlance, etc..., the heavy lifting of settings is basically going to be there, which is pathetic of the D&D studio team).

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Whi
Of course dmguild will continue past 2024, how else will the D&D team gets fans to do their work for them if there is no D&D Beyond? (Seriously, Domains of Delight, Spelljammer, the upcoming Dragonlance, etc..., the heavy lifting of settings is basically going to be there, which is pathetic of the D&D studio team).
While I agree it will continue., some people are claiming WotC will discontinue the DMsGuild when '24 comes out.

Scribe

Legend
Whi

While I agree it will continue., some people are claiming WotC will discontinue the DMsGuild when '24 comes out.
I cannot imagine why they would do that, nothing on DMsGuild prevents Wizards from putting out their own content/version of whatever is posted there right?

The only thing I can think of, is they dont want to have to support the infrastructure, which...fair, but it has to be more upside than downside.

dave2008

Legend
I cannot imagine why they would do that, nothing on DMsGuild prevents Wizards from putting out their own content/version of whatever is posted there right?

The only thing I can think of, is they dont want to have to support the infrastructure, which...fair, but it has to be more upside than downside.
I agree, but I've seen more than one person suggest that very thing on these forums. There is no proof or even really a rumor about this. Just people taking false rumor (about the OGL) and speculating, since that rumor was so clearly wrong, that what the "source" must have intended to say that the DMsGuild would no longer be supported. It is just people unfettered with conspiracy IMO.

Whi

Like I said that would mean the D&D team would actually have to do the work of updating settings instead of farming it out to dmguilds to do the hard work of actually supporting settings, so dmsguild is the safest part of 5e as it shields the D&D team from doing the hard work of actual setting books. Dmsguild is going no where.

Remove ads

Remove ads