D&D 5E Chronicles of Eberron Is Keith Baker's New D&D Book, out now!

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December. Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and...

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December.

Chronicles of Eberron.png

Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and dragon alike. What lies beneath the Barren Sea? What powers does Mordain the Fleshweaver wield within Blackroot? Who are the Grim Lords of the Bloodsail Principality? All these secrets and many more can be found in the Chronicles of Eberron…

• Chronicles of Eberron is a new 5E sourcebook from Eberron creator Keith Baker and designer Imogen Gingell.
  • This book explores a diverse range of topics, including lore and advice for both players and DMs, along with new monsters, treasures, spells and character options.
  • Chronicles of Eberron will be available on the DMs Guild as a PDF and print-on-demand.

But that's not all! There is a collaboration with Hero Forge and new T-Shirts!

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.50.20 AM.pngKeithBakerPresentsShirts_TwogetherStudios.jpg

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
His last book was worth the price. This one will be too.
I had one rule of thumb during my days of occasionally buying 3.5E books: the closer Keith Baker's name is to the top of the masthead, the better quality the product is going to be. Sharn: City of Towers has Keith Baker's name first, and is an excellent and easily-usable city sourcebook; extremely high quality. Races of Eberron has Keith Baker's name last of five authors; it's decent, and has some excellent sections, but it's a little choppy quality-wise and some of it I've never used. Magic of Eberron doesn't have Keith Baker's name on it at all, and turned out to be hot garbage -- it actively contradicted some parts of previously-established canon, contained overpowered items and class features, and was extremely uneven with content and quality.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I had one rule of thumb during my days of occasionally buying 3.5E books: the closer Keith Baker's name is to the top of the masthead, the better quality the product is going to be. Sharn: City of Towers has Keith Baker's name first, and is an excellent and easily-usable city sourcebook; extremely high quality. Races of Eberron has Keith Baker's name last of five authors; it's decent, and has some excellent sections, but it's a little choppy quality-wise and some of it I've never used. Magic of Eberron doesn't have Keith Baker's name on it at all, and turned out to be hot garbage -- it actively contradicted some parts of previously-established canon, contained overpowered items and class features, and was extremely uneven with content and quality.
Eberron is Keith Baker's world. I've never been all that invested in it, but if I were, I would value Keith's take over WotC's, every time.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Eberron is Keith Baker's world. I've never been all that invested in it, but if I were, I would value Keith's take over WotC's, every time.
Sure he created it, but it belongs to Wizards of the Coast which has changed things quite a bit (adding a whole plane to a previously-established limited cosmology, for instance, during the 4E era). But he is a quality writer and a thoughtful (and excellent) DM, and I think that translates well to his products, Eberron or not. Other authors give me the sense that they are not good DMs, or maybe consider themselves authors first and foremost, and I think that impacts how usable their content is. KB definitely writes stuff I can use at the table right now, with minimal or no prep on my part. That's a key factor in my buying decisions.

ChaosOS

Legend
Keith in interviews is always very generous in pointing out the amount of work all the other authors on the ECS - Bill and James - did to turn his 100 page final into the 300+ page campaign setting. Allegedly some of Rich Burlew's setting got strip mined and put into Eberron and other later 3.5 productions. However, in terms of current stewardship of the setting it's 100% Keith's baby

Remove ads

Remove ads