D&D 5E Chronicles of Eberron Is Keith Baker's New D&D Book, out now!

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December. Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and...

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December.

Chronicles of Eberron.png

Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and dragon alike. What lies beneath the Barren Sea? What powers does Mordain the Fleshweaver wield within Blackroot? Who are the Grim Lords of the Bloodsail Principality? All these secrets and many more can be found in the Chronicles of Eberron…

• Chronicles of Eberron is a new 5E sourcebook from Eberron creator Keith Baker and designer Imogen Gingell.
  • This book explores a diverse range of topics, including lore and advice for both players and DMs, along with new monsters, treasures, spells and character options.
  • Chronicles of Eberron will be available on the DMs Guild as a PDF and print-on-demand.

But that's not all! There is a collaboration with Hero Forge and new T-Shirts!

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.50.20 AM.pngKeithBakerPresentsShirts_TwogetherStudios.jpg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If it was possible to support all possible outcomes there would be no need for a human DM!
This is also the value of playtesting adventures multiple times, to at least know what players might do and provide at least a little bit of help there. (Have the random NPC the players turned to for help already created, for instance, instead of making DMs, on the fly, say "uh, I guess there's a castellan you could speak to ...")

But players are ultimately agents of chaos, and it's hard to account for what each group will do.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
2e4a248f9c655763b31b1a8bb5caa9785b635609.jpg

Bolares

Hero
Honestly, I flipped through that other book he printed, Exploring Eberron, and yes if I was an Eberron fan I would be ecstatic. I'm super jealous actually, and hope it all works for the fans of the setting because from my perspective (not well versed in it) it looks amazing.
it really really is. And the content in it would hardly ever be printed in a WotC book. Baker wanted to write a book about the planes of Eberron for ever, and the DM's guild allowed him to do just that. Say what you will about theguild, but I'd say it was one of the best things to happen to Eberron

Scribe

Legend
it really really is. And the content in it would hardly ever be printed in a WotC book. Baker wanted to write a book about the planes of Eberron for ever, and the DM's guild allowed him to do just that. Say what you will about theguild, but I'd say it was one of the best things to happen to Eberron
Yeah, if the setting leaned more my direction I would be out preaching that this the answer to people wanting an actual setting in 5e.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I have nothing bad to say about the guild. The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks from a consumer point of view. It's the best WotC did since early 5e, including late 5e.

Viva la Guild!

Bolares

Hero
Yeah, if the setting leaned more my direction I would be out preaching that this the answer to people wanting an actual setting in 5e.
I bet you will end up finding something in the setting that leans more in your direction. I think the conflict between karnath, blood of vol and the undying court, and how undeath works in the world is right up your alley. The magic as tecnology thing throws off a lot of people, I get that, but Eberron is sooo much more than that.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I bet you will end up finding something in the setting that leans more in your direction. I think the conflict between karnath, blood of vol and the undying court, and how undeath works in the world is right up your alley. The magic as tecnology thing throws off a lot of people, I get that, but Eberron is sooo much more than that.
I'm cool with magic as technology, but I don't really care for the noir genre, and it's pretty thick throughout.

As I said above, big fan of artificers and warforged. More stuff like that would be great.

Remove ads

Remove ads