D&D 5E Chronicles of Eberron Is Keith Baker's New D&D Book, out now!

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December. Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and...

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December.

Chronicles of Eberron.png

Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and dragon alike. What lies beneath the Barren Sea? What powers does Mordain the Fleshweaver wield within Blackroot? Who are the Grim Lords of the Bloodsail Principality? All these secrets and many more can be found in the Chronicles of Eberron…

• Chronicles of Eberron is a new 5E sourcebook from Eberron creator Keith Baker and designer Imogen Gingell.
  • This book explores a diverse range of topics, including lore and advice for both players and DMs, along with new monsters, treasures, spells and character options.
  • Chronicles of Eberron will be available on the DMs Guild as a PDF and print-on-demand.

But that's not all! There is a collaboration with Hero Forge and new T-Shirts!

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.50.20 AM.pngKeithBakerPresentsShirts_TwogetherStudios.jpg

Guess what just got added to my collection...

Chronicles.jpg

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yeah it's getting to that point where it's embarrassing how DMSGUILD is outshining the D&D studios team.
Embarrassing for who?

WotC seems fine with it. The Guild designers are fine with it. So who is embarrassed? You? Because you prefer to buy stuff from DM's Guild rather than WotC directly? That sounds like it would be your issue to solve, rather than anyone else's responsibility.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Embarrassing for who?

WotC seems fine with it. The Guild designers are fine with it. So who is embarrassed? You? Because you prefer to buy stuff from DM's Guild rather than WotC directly? That sounds like it would be your issue to solve, rather than anyone else's responsibility.
I'm perfectly happy with DMsGuild content. I just wish WotC would finish opening up the settings. That literally all I want from them, if I can divorce emotion from the equation.

darjr

I crit!
I'm perfectly happy with DMsGuild content. I just wish WotC would finish opening up the settings. That literally all I want from them, if I can divorce emotion from the equation.
I think they’ll get there.

I wonder if the 50th is Greyhawk.

Also, I’ll say it right now, Dragonlance was also a way for them to test trying to thread the needle and make a popular old school book.

Also the DMsGuild is working as planned. So is the OGL really is according to the original OGL plan, third parties will carry the risk and fill in the gaps helping to push sales.

In the DMsGuild case it also pushes direct revenue.

GreyLord

Legend
So, it's been a week and a half; how have people liked the book thus far? I've got a player who's pretty excited by the Crossbow content for their next character, so that was a win.

I'm not sure on that answer, but it DOES appear that this is the number one most popular title on DMSguild at the moment!

ChaosOS

Legend
Sales ribbon uses a total $ sales metric that decays over 60 days. POD options REALLY boost you up on the ribbon because even if you're not making additional profit per sale, people are still spending twice as much to get your product. The real test is in six weeks when the day 1 sales have decayed their weight down to 0.

Remove ads

Remove ads