• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chronicles of Narnia Movie

mmadsen

First Post
From the article:
Budgeted at more than $100 million, according to sources, the film is scheduled to begin shooting in the summer, with "Shrek" director Andrew Adamson at the helm.

The film, the first installment of Walden's "Chronicles of Narnia" franchise based on the series of children's fantasy books by C.S. Lewis, will be released at Christmas 2005 by Walt Disney Pictures. Under the deal, which includes worldwide distribution rights, merchandising and all ancillary rights, Disney retains the option to release future films in the series, Walt Disney Studios chairman Dick Cook said.

mmadsen

First Post
By the way, I can see the Hollywood pitch: OK, it's like Lord of the Rings meets The Passion of the Christ -- with talking animals!

kingpaul

First Post
mmadsen said:
By the way, I can see the Hollywood pitch: OK, it's like Lord of the Rings meets The Passion of the Christ -- with talking animals!
LOL

Maybe I'm being blind, but I didn't see the article say it was going to be live or animated. I'm assuming, since they got the Shrek director, it'll be animated, just like the older version.

CrusaderX

First Post
There's no mention of Christianity in that press release, so I wonder if Disney will end up making this a secular film.

Hammerhead

Explorer
If I recall, Narnia never mentions Christianity except in passing. While the books are certainly Christian-themed, I don't think Prince Caspian ever starts talking about Jesus.

WanderingMonster

First Post
No, but the allegory is pretty transparent. Even if the director is even a tad liberal with certain plot points, it'd still be fairly obvious. To scrub it clean of the allegorical elements would, frankly, make it another story entirely.

Of course, as a kid I was pretty obtuse to this fact.

Remove ads