Mandalorian & Grogu movie announced

pukunui

Legend
Lucasfilm has announced a new movie, The Mandalorian & Grogu. It will go into production this year, directed by Jon Favreau.

I hope it's better than Season 3 of The Mandalorian. I also hope they come up with a better title.

I hope it's better than Season 3 of The Mandalorian. I also hope they come up with a better title.
Same here. I really liked Season 1 and 2, but 3 reduced my interest in more Star Wars content again to a minimum. Still, I like Din and Grogu enough that I would potentially watch the movie. So thanks for sharing!

pukunui

Legend
Same here. I really liked Season 1 and 2, but 3 reduced my interest in more Star Wars content again to a minimum. Still, I like Din and Grogu enough that I would potentially watch the movie. So thanks for sharing!
Yeah, it's a pity the Boba Fett mini-series proved to be a harbinger of things to come rather than an aberration. Both Mando S3 and Ahsoka S1 suffered from similar writing, plotting, and pacing issues. Mando S1 and S2 weren't perfect, but they were a darn sight better.

That being said, I am still keen to see Bo-Katan's story continue. They were definitely building up to something. I'm guessing that's not what this movie is going to be about. Perhaps that will be Mando S4. Or maybe they'll make a Book of Bo-Katan mini-series. This movie will probably be more about Mando teaching Grogu how to be a Mandalorian while also being a not fully trained Force user.

It's certainly not the previously announced Mando + Ahsoka (+ Skeleton Crew?) crossover film that Filoni is making.

Last edited:

I am an outlier I think. I very much liked Mandalorian season 3 and Ahsoka season 1 (season 2 is in development so I am happy for that). I'm of two minds about a Mando/Grogu movie. Of course I would love seeing them on the big screen, but the place season 3 left them makes me think it would be better to get a season 4 before a movie. We'll see, but I thought a Mando movie would be a wrap up of the Mandoverse/New Republic series of events.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
So what buddy cop movie will Mandalorian & Grogu be drawn from? I nominate Turner & Hooch (because Lethal Weapon would be too over-the-top.)
Grogu.jpg

Remove ads