Chronicles of Riddick trailer online

Sirius_Black

First Post
First off, I just saw the trailer and it's a beautiful looking film.

However, I've only recently seen part, less than half, I'd say of the first film, Pitch Black. I like what I saw, but before buying the DVD and/or going to see this film, can someone help me out here.

Are these films and/or this character based on some series of books? Comics? Or just straight from screenwriters in Hollywood?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Berandor

lunatic
Well, Pitch Black is a guilty pleasure of mine, and I'd say Riddick seems to be at least the same. I just hope they don't make Riddick a whitewashed hero or something :)

mmu1

First Post
It's got a nice look to it (where it's not copying the Matrix) but I think it's just going to end up being a pretty unexceptional vanity project...

I mean, come on - Vin Diesel talked in interviews about wanting to make an epic trilogy like the Lord of the Rings about Riddick - if he was twice the actor he is, he couldn't carry something like that.

Caliber

Explorer
Sirius_Black said:
First off, I just saw the trailer and it's a beautiful looking film.

However, I've only recently seen part, less than half, I'd say of the first film, Pitch Black. I like what I saw, but before buying the DVD and/or going to see this film, can someone help me out here.

Are these films and/or this character based on some series of books? Comics? Or just straight from screenwriters in Hollywood?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

All Hollywood as far as I'm aware.

Remove ads