City of the Spider Queen

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Morrolan puts his longbow away as well and walks over to the dead beast commenting with Fafnir out loud, "Sure it could have swallowed something shiny. Let's take a look... No, I doubt you will get first pick of any gems... I know it was your idea, but you will just have to wait until you earn it, neh?... Ha, ha... No, the cat is not getting a share."

Morrolan draws that extra sharp scimitar of his and proceeds to slice the dead roper open to see if there is anything stuck in its gullet, or whatever the beast has for a digestive system.

OOC: I am ready after this I suppose.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Morrolan AC: 23 (12 Touch; 21 Flatfooted)
HP: 120 (DR 2/-) Current: 112
Spells Available: 6 O-Level; 7 1st Level; 8 2nd Level

Fafnir AC: 25 (17 Touch; 20 Flatfooted)
HP: 65
Spell Resistance: 19[/sblock]_______________________________

Morrolan1.jpg
Morrolan &
Fafnir-Avatar.jpg
Fafnir

Malachei

First Post
Aden nods at Morrolan, "Good idea," and helps him search the roper's body. Occasionally, he looks over his shoulder, staring wide-eyed at Slash. The cat sniffs at the dead creature, and takes a closer look at the fluids that flow out of the roper. Aden shakes his head "No, Lai, not. Shhhhhh..." he shies her away from the strange creature's body. Lai steps aside, sitting down with her back turned to Aden. She raises her ears and looks at Fafnir curiously.

[sblock=OOC]
Search roper's body (1d20+18=20)

Yes, I am ready to go on, of course.

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Fafnir, perched on Morrolan's shoulder while the big man saws and cuts away at the dead creature, shuffles around to look down at the cat, Lai. "Here kitty, kitty... Hmmm, it doesn't speak common in it's mind."

The Pseudodragon drums his claws on the back of Morrolan's breast plate, making a rhythmic clicking. He tries again to in Sylvan, to no avail. Cocking his head aside, he looks down at the cat, "Pitty, I don't know feline."

Fafnir-Avatar.jpg
Fafnir

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The grusome search is relatively quicky the anatomy of a roper being somewhat simple and Slash having already torn it to nearly bit-size pieces.

The gullet located at the back of the beast has a few gems settled into it, and after removing and cleaning them they are put away and the group readies to move down this newest tunnel.

[sblock=OOC]
GEMS:
rose quartz stones (3)
blue spinel (1)
tourmalines (2) [/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Morrolan picks through the goop, "Whoa, look what this critter swallowed, Fafnir. Little messy, but shiny."

Picking up the tourmalines and the rose garnets, he cleans them off. Ignoring the blur of reddish-brown scales that took a quite an interest at what he found.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Morrolan AC: 23 (12 Touch; 21 Flatfooted)
HP: 120 (DR 2/-) Current: 112
Spells Available: 6 O-Level; 7 1st Level; 8 2nd Level

Fafnir AC: 25 (17 Touch; 20 Flatfooted)
HP: 65
Spell Resistance: 19[/sblock]_______________________________

Morrolan1.jpg
Morrolan

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Fafnir's interest in the cat is forgotten in a flash as picks up the thoughts of Morrolan finding some things shiny, "At last! Let me see!"

The Pseudodragon leaps and swoops down onto the roper carcass and immediately spots the blue shininess that the big man nearly missed, "Oooh. Pretty blue. Mine. Mine. Mine."

True to his heritage, Fafnir is enamored with the treasure and clutches the gem possessively in his claw as he returns to Morrolan's shoulder.He gives Lai a smug look that would appear to say, look what I got. His looks around his torso to see if he has a loose scale to tuck the gem into so he won't lose it.

Fafnir-Avatar.jpg
Fafnir

Malachei

First Post
Lai had curiously taken a few steps towards the dragon, which also served showing Aden her disapproval. She eyes the strange bird intently, following his every move on the big man's shoulder. As the dragon speaks to her, she cocks her head.

But her attention is soon driven to the newfound, shiny marbles. Quickly, she jumps to the men, but her claws strike in vain: the winged bird has been faster, and has already taken hold of the nice marble. The cat halts for an instant, perhaps gauging whether the brid is within reach of a well-placed jump. Then, as if nothing happened, Lai turns away, gracefully striding along, as if she was never interested in the gems, at all.

jkason

First Post
Talhia Shen, human beguiler

Talhia smiles. "Boys, keep the pets in line, yes? And ... phew, let's get away from that thing before the smell of its insides attract something worse. I don't want to know what's next up the food chain from Roper."

Vertexx69

First Post
Platinus: Celestial Fleshraker, Druid Warshaper

Platinus watches the little exchange with mild amusement for a moment. Chuffing sharply at the comment. "That would be Slash on this day. If we have finished fishing stones from the innards of the carcass, shall we proceed?"

Pulling a tuft of coarse white hair from the pouch at his waist, the druid draws a slow circle in the air around Slash's stone-scaled head, incanting growling phrases in a language nobody understands (druidic). Another set of long scaly arms sprout from the front of the shoulders of both Slash and her platinum counterpart.

OOC - Casting Girralon's Blessing on Slash (90 minute duration) using share spells feature to have it affect Platinus too.

ghostcat

First Post
Dargun has had enough of the Roper, so he gives it a wide berth as he moves about 10' down the corridor to keep watch. As he waits for the others to move out.

[sblock=perrinmiller]Can everyone hear Fafnir's conversation with Lai?[/sblock]

Remove ads