City of the Spider Queen

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Fafnir eventually finds a safe place to put the gem and his attention is attracted to the fleshrakers growing extra limbs, she throws a thought at Lai, "Well, that's a neat trick. Hey kitty, don't you wish you could have six legs."

As the Beguiler mentions something about pets, the Pseudodragon straightens up with an almost haughty posture and sends a thought Tahlia's way for everyone to receive, "The cat might be a pet, not I. When I leave feces in your bedroll, it will be intentional milady. Not due to a lack of being house broken."
[sblock=OOC][MENTION=30034]ghostcat[/MENTION]: Up until now, no. Only Lai and Morrolan (He sends everything to him by default). I did not originally intend to ever role-play Fafnir's thoughts at all, but I got bored since no one could respond to him and Morrolan's internal conversations.

I moved them out loud, but still one-sided and I will post Fafnir's role-playing separately when appropriate. I will add in to who he is sending thoughts to from now on. He is developing his own personality now.[/sblock]_______________________________

Fafnir-Avatar.jpg
Fafnir

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Morrolan chuckles to himself at Fafnir's greed, "Even the little dragons cannot help themselves. You can hang onto that gem for now, Fafnir, but last time I checked you don't get your own share of the treasure and loot... No, Slash and Lai don't either, don't worry your little head about that."

After hearing the psuedodragon's thoughts to Tahlia, he gives the little dragon a playful swat, chiding, "Enough of your filthy thoughts, go perch on Dargun's shoulder and keep a better watch so we don't get surprised again."

The big man ignores the little nip the familiar took at his ear before taking flight to return to his assigned duties.[sblock=Mini Stats]Morrolan AC: 23 (12 Touch; 21 Flatfooted)
HP: 120 (DR 2/-) Current: 112
Spells Available: 6 O-Level; 7 1st Level; 8 2nd Level

Fafnir AC: 25 (17 Touch; 20 Flatfooted)
HP: 65
Spell Resistance: 19[/sblock]_______________________________

Morrolan1.jpg
Morrolan

jkason

First Post
Talhia Shen, human beguiler

As the Beguiler mentions something about pets, the Pseudodragon straightens up with an almost haughty posture and sends a thought Tahlia's way for everyone to receive, "The cat might be a pet, not I. When I leave feces in your bedroll, it will be intentional milady. Not due to a lack of being house broken."

"And when you find that all your shiny baubles turn out to be those feces glamoured, you'll know you'll learn not to leave them in a lady's bedding," Talhia says with a good-natured chuckle. She winks to Morrolan to let him know no harm's done, then sets herself back in position for the party to continue.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
With a feigned indignant look, Morrolan says to Tahlia in mock seriousness, "Oh please do no such thing, the critter's dung is worse than a dog's and those gems he doesn't keep stashed on his person are in my belongings."

At the scathing remarks thought from the psuedodragon, the big man gives a hearty laugh, deep from the belly, "Har, har! Yes, it does too smell worse than that. Particularly when you eat too much roughage. Tahlia, he thinks his crap smells like roses, he does."

<<We should move on or I will continue to post about excrement.>>[sblock=Mini Stats]Morrolan AC: 23 (12 Touch; 21 Flatfooted)
HP: 120 (DR 2/-) Current: 112
Spells Available: 6 O-Level; 7 1st Level; 8 2nd Level

Fafnir AC: 25 (17 Touch; 20 Flatfooted)
HP: 65
Spell Resistance: 19[/sblock]_______________________________

Morrolan1.jpg
Morrolan

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After letting Morrolan know exactly what he thought about being compared to a dog, Fafnir sniffs indignantly. He sends another thought at Lai, "Hey kitty, the lady wishes that you show her the mice when you catch them. She wants you to deliver them in the middle of the night, quiet-like. It is very important, so you should wake her up even."

The psuedodragon still wishes that he could speak feline, but realizes that perhaps Aden can directly communicate and sends to him, "Can you relay this message to the kitty?" Fafnir repeats his comments to the artificer.

Fafnir-Avatar.jpg
Fafnir

Malachei

First Post
Aden had been scouting ahead, his limping leg dragging a little behind, when Fafnir's mind enters his. The dragon senses an intensity of despair and sorrow, and a certain sense of solitude wave back at him. Instinctively, the man turns, and his frown is obvious. He answers, "Sure." This is when Fafnir recalls he has never seen Aden laugh, or smile for that matter. The one they call the ghost is as silent as his nickname. If not for the others, he would not talk at all. In fact, he has been silent for the whole journey.

Lai, meanwhile, can't help but come out from underneath Aden's dark blue cloak and curiously look around. Whereby do cats get roused to appear exactly when they are expected to... or not expected to at all?

With a quick, but caring movement of his arm, he pushes the cat back in place. "No, Lai, he's not a bird. Don't go and try grappling with the dragon. And no catching mice either. Else you might become a giant spider's dessert. No, I really mean it, my love. Just pretend you are a cat. But don't overdo it, will you?" he says warmly.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Dargun is carefully watching the corridor, patiently waiting for the others to get organised, when he has a thought and blurts out "If t'drow came this way. How did di get past t'roper?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Fafnir, perched on Dargun's shoulder as they wait for the rest of the party to get organized, sends a thought to him in reply, "Sacrificial lambs for bribery? I am sure the dark ones have expendable slaves to feed a hungry tree trunk. But a better question is where did the beast sleep so we can see if it was hiding away more shiny baubles. What happens to the treasure they swallow that gets digested and comes out the other end? Do ropers leave droppings around? You should look for roper tracks and we should follow them."

Fafnir-Avatar.jpg
Fafnir

Malachei

First Post
It might be their guard, or the tunnels must be vast, so it could pass them. Maybe it had preyed on them, too, and the dead bodies are this aberration's work... Whatever. We need to get going... Despite his racing mind, Aden does not engage much in the considerations. "Strange creatures, strange ways..." he mumbles. Instead, he scouts ahead.

Lai meanwhile, stares at Fafnir and inclines her head, as if she understood his comments and found them strange, very strange.

Last edited:

Remove ads