City of the Spider Queen

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The large demon spiders move closer and show proof of their name. Webs shoot from them both one towards Aden the other towards Dargun.

The sticky white strands cover both the monk and rogue almost instantly and both of them are stuck in places as their boots are covered. Webbing falls from their arms and shoulders and wraps about their wastes and hips helping to make it hard to move.

[sblock=OOC] Both Aden and Dargun are entangled (-2 to attacks, -4 to DEX, with the added drawback that they can not move at all). On their turn they may try to escape by either making a DC 24 Strength or Escape Artist check (both a full round action). Or attack the webbing AC 3, Hardness 0, HP: 14.

Anyone trying to move pass either Aden or Dargun cannot move through their squares as they can't "let you through", so the 10' x 10' based characters will need to squeeze through (just add +10' to pass by them).

Bebilith1 is currently at L 11-12/ M 11-12 and Bebilith2 is at block J 13-14/ K 13-14 [/sblock]

OOC: Now your up Vertexx69

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Platinus - Celestial Fleshraker, Druid/Warshaper

The spaces between the scales of both of the dinosaurs flare with a healthy green glow for a moment which settles into their eyes, with a nod from the druid.

The sickening splat of the webs landing on the party members draws the fleshrakers toward the wall. Once they can see through it, the pair jump in unison landing next to each other on the far side of the entangled duo. Slash lashes downward with her tail between them freeing the monk with a single swipe.

Platinus has pulled several small figurines form his pouch and breathes a sparkling black smoke over each of his four clawed hands, each of which is holding one. Intoning a few growling phrases he casts them into the path of the giant creatures. Mid-flight the smoke trailing carvings explode into a quartet of worgs that growl as a single menacing pack, creating a living wall of gnashing teeth wrapped in smoky black fur.

[sblock=Combat Block]Free: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2776105/]Handle Animal (1d20+16=33)[/URL]

Swift:
Platinus Casts Nature's Favor on Slash (using share spells to effect himself too).

Move: P Leaps to (F,11/G,12), S Leaps to (H,10/I,11), Jumps (Slash=47, Platinus=25).

Standard:
Slash uses Tail vs Webbing (1d20+18=27, 1d8+1d4+14=22), Platinus casts Jaws of the Wolf into (K,11/K,12/I,13/I,14)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2751205/in defensive mode. (AC16, 30hp each)[sblock=Slash]Slash
Earthbound Fleshraker Warbeast
Large Animal, Earth Subtype
Hit Dice: 11d8+54 (142 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares), Burrow 10ft. (2 squares)
Armor Class: 31 (+3 Dex, +15 natural, +3 armor, -1 size), touch 13, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+20
Attack: Claw +15 melee (1d8+10+poison+1d4 force)
Full Attack: 2 claws +15 melee (1d8+10+poison+1d4 force) and bite
+15 melee (1d8+5+1d4 force) and tail +15 melee (1d8+5+poison+1d4 force)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, Poison 1d6Dex/1d6Dex DC 21, rake 1d8+10+1d4 force
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Extraordinary Abilities: DR 5/magic (Natural Attacks considered magic), Earth Mastery
Saves: Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +6(+10)
Abilities: Str 31, Dex 17, Con 22, Int 2, Wis 16, Cha 12
Skills: Hide +8*, Jump +35, Tumble +11, Survival +5
Feats: Improved Natural Attack (claw), Track, Raptor School, Multi-Attack, Improved Multi-Attack
Gear: Piercer Cloak, Pearl of Speech, Psychokintetic Belt of Mighty Fists, Studded Leather Barding
[sblock=Description]Slash is all claws and spines dripping poison. Much of her mottled gray and black hide is covered by her simple black studded leather barding. She always moves right next to Platinus unless he tells her otherwise. The fact that she can now speak in her native elemental tongue gives her no end of joy.[/sblock]
[sblock=Features]Earthbound Companion: She gains +2Str, -2Dex, +3NA, 10ft burrow
Earth Mastery(Ex), DR 5/magic (Ex)
- Earth Mastery: +1/+1 hit/dmg when both she and enemy touch ground.
-4/-4 hit/dmg vs air or waterborn enemies.
Warbeast Training: +1HD, +3Str, +3Con, +2Wis, +10ft speed, Proficiency with L/M/H armor,
Can be ridin as mount with +2Ride, +1Spot, +1Listen
Natural Bond: Gains bonuses as 9th lvl druid companion.
+6 HD, +6 NA, +3str, +3Dex, +4 Tricks, Link, Shared Spells, Evasion, Devotion, Multi-Attack[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Platinus]Platinus
Celestial Fleshraker
Large Magical Beast, Extraplanar Subtype
HP: 109/110 = [10d8 + 30]
Initiative: +2
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares)
Armor Class: 30 (+2 Dex, +8 natural, +8 armor, +3 shield, -1 size), touch 19, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+17
Attack: Claw +12 melee (1d8+7+poison*)
Full Attack: 2 claws +12 melee (1d8+7+poison*) and bite
+12 melee (2d6+3*) and tail +12 melee (2d6+5+poison*)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, rake 1d8+5*,Poison 1d6Dex/1d6Dex DC19, Smite Evil 1/day
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, * Vampiric: +1d6 dmg vs living enemies, I heal same amount
Resistances: Acid 10, Cold 10, Lightning 10
Immunities: Stunning, Critical Hits, Poison
Extraordinary Abilities: DR 5/magic (Natural Attacks considered magic), SR 15
Supernatural Abilities: Morphic Weapons
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +10
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 8
Skills: Concentration +16, Spot +18, Jump +21, Survival +18
Feats: Natural Spell, Exalted Wild Shape, Improved Multi-Attack, Multi-Attack
Gear: See Equipment
[sblock=Features]Celestial Template added
Morphic Weapons - All Natural Weapons are +1 size category[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=prepared Spells]
0: Create Water X3, Cure Minor Wounds X3
1: Claws of the Bear X2, Beast Claws, Lesser Vigor X2
2: Mass Snake Strike X2, Nature's Favor*, Lesser Resoration X2
3: Girallon's Blessing X2*, Junglerazor, Mass Lesser Vigor
4: Bite of the Wereboar, Moonbolt, Jaws of the Wolf*
5: Bite of the Weretiger[/sblock]Platinus[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Pesky strait line req. for charging...

I figured the monk needs to be mobile while the crossbower can just shoot from where he's stuck ;p[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
To say that Dargen is infuriated, is to put it mildly. For the second time in a quarter of an hour he is stuck fast. A couple of tugs on the strands establishes that he's not really strong enough to force his way out. He is just about to take his frustration out on the webbing, when Slash destroys it with on swipe of his tail. "Ta Slash" he says as he moves past him toward the nearest Bebilith and takes his frustration out on it, instead. Unfortunately, he let his frustration get the better of him and his punches where ineffective.

[sblock=OOC]Move Action: Move to J12.
Standard Action: Unarmed Strike on Bebilith2

HM :
Did Slash do any damage to Dargun when he destroyed the web?
[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 24, HP 90/90, DR 5/Magic
Fort: +8, +10 against Poison
Reflex: +8
Will: +10
+2 to saving throws against spells and spell-like effects

Attack: Init +5
Unarmed Strike* +13/+8, 1d10+6, 20/x2
Grapple +17/+12
GreatClub (+1, wounding) +10/5, 1d10+10, 20/x2

* Treat Unarmed ttack as magic weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. Also treat as Chaotic weapon.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=Updated Map]
CotSQEnc3Map02A.jpg
[/sblock]
OOC: HM; The Demon Spiders are Huge sized I think, at least that's what I read in the MM when I checked so I had them sized correctly. If I need them shrunk to large let me know.

[MENTION=48854]Vertexx69[/MENTION]; Do I need 4 Worg tokens added to the map?

Malachei

First Post
Aden toils out of the webbing, kicking, stabbing, ducking underneath the strands, cursing several times. Now they even piss on me with their cursed webs. Let me get them, and I will break their spider legs like sticks... Near him, the cat struggles with the web, and makes a mortally insulted face. "Lai, even the spiders are a little different here... are you afraid of spiders? See, Fafnir might take you under his wing..."

[sblock=OOC]

This happens on my initiative count (12), but I wanted to post, so we can go on.

Not wanting to waste a precious ability, Aden decides to leave the web the traditional, escape artist, way as a full-round action.

Escape Artist from Web (incl. +5 bonus from Heart of Water spell) (1d20+22=26)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC: I took L11 and K14 as the top left squares of the bebeliths given their speed.

As the worgs last up to 9 rounds each barring destruction, tokens might be nice (as "Jaws of the Wolf" will be one of my standard delaying spells), W1-W4 sound good?

jkason

First Post
Talhia tries to focus past the wall, but finds she hasn't the energy in her worry for her companions.

"Hells," she mutters, stepping forward into the wall and watching it fall away to reveal the demonic spiders.

"Such heavy bodies, I have to wonder if they don't wear you out?" the beguiler calls, thrusting her hand forward. The air about both creatures shudders a moment.

OOC: 5' step should be enought to interact with the wall. Then casting Whelm, Mass. DC 20 Will save or each creature takes 10d6 nonlethal damage (I'll add the roll after). Also, Unsettling Enchantment feat means even if they make the save, they're at -2 attack and AC for the round.

[sblock=Stats]Spells cast: 2nd level: 1/7
4th level: 1/6

Languages: Common, Sylvan, Draconic, Elven, Undercommon, Dwarven

[sblock=Combat]
HP: 90 = [10d6 + 30]
AC: 18 = 10 + 7 [armor] + 0 [shield] + 1 [DEX]
AC Touch: 11 = 10 + 1 [DEX]
AC Flatfooted: 17 = 10 + 7 [armor] + 0 [shield]
INIT: +1 = +1 [DEX]
BAB: +5 = +5[Beguiler]
Fort: +6 = +3 [base] + 3 [stat]
Reflex: +4 = +3 [base] + 1 [stat]
Will: +7 = +7 [base] + 0 [stat]
SPECIAL: +1 vs. spells/spell-like abilities (Nymph's Kiss)
Speed: 30'
Spell Resistance: 20 (Necklace of Protection)
Special: fire resist (10)[/sblock]
[sblock=Weapon Stats]
Dagger +1 (melee): +5 = +5 [BAB] -1 [STR] / DMG = 1d4, CRIT 19-20x2
Dagger +1 (ranged): +7 = +5 [BAB] +1 [DEX] / DMG = 1d4, CRIT 19-20X2, range 10 ft.
MW Crossbow: +7 = +5 [BAB] +1 [DEX] +1 [MW] / DMG = 1d8, CRIT 19-20/x2, range 80 ft.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Class Features]
--Beguiler--
* Armored mage (no spell failure in light armor)
* Trapfinding (as rogue)
* Cloaked casting (+1 DC and +2 vs. SR if opponent flat-footed)
* Surprise casting (move action)
* Advanced learning (3rd: Distract Assailant)
* Advanced learning (7th: Shadow Binding)
* Spells: All spells on spell list count as spells known:

Spell mods: +1 DC, +1 CL for enchantment spells

Cantrips (6/day) (DC 15): Dancing lights, daze, detect magic, ghost sound, message, open/close, read magic
1st level (6+2/day)(DC 16): charm person, color spray, comprehend languages, distract assailant (advanced learning 3rd), detect secret doors, disguise self, expeditious retreat, hypnotism, mage armor, obscuring mist, rouse, silent image, sleep, undetectable alignment, whelm
2nd level (6+1/day)(DC 17): blinding color surge, blur, daze monster, detect thoughts, fog cloud, glitterdust, hypnotic pattern, invisibility, knock, minor image, mirror image, misdirection, see invisibility, silence, spider climb, stay the hand, touch of idiocy, vertigo, whelming burst
3rd level (6+1/day)(DC 18): arcane sight, clairaudience/clairvoyance, crown of veils, deep slumber, dispel magic, displacement, glibness, halt, haste, hesitate, hold person, inevitable defeat, invisibility sphere, legion of sentinels, major image, nondetection, shadow binding (advanced learning 7th), slow, suggestion, vertigo field, zone of silence
4th level (5+1/day)(DC 19): charm monster, confusion, crushing despair, freedom of movement, greater invisibility, greater mirror image, locate creature, mass whelm, phantom battle, rainbow pattern, solid fog
5th level (3/day)(DC 20): break enchantment, dominate person, feeblemind, friend to foe, hold monster, incite riot, mind fog, Rary's telepathic bond, seeming, sending, swift etherealness

[/sblock]

[sblock=Feats&Flaws]
Spell Focus (enchantment)(1st)
Nymph's Kiss(bonus human)
[sblock]Book of Exalted Deeds, pg. 44
By maintaining an intimate relationship with a good-aligned fey
(such as a nymph or dryad), you gain some of the characteristics
of fey.
Benefit: Fey creatures regard you as though you were fey. You
gain a +2 circumstance bonus on all Charisma-related checks,
and a +1 bonus on all saving throws against spells and spell-like
abilities. Starting with the level when you take this feat, you
gain 1 extra skill point per level.[/sblock]
Stealthy (campaign bonus, +2/+2 only)
Deft Hands (campaign bonus, +2/+2 only)
Unsettling Enchantment (3rd)
[sblock]Complete Mage, pg. 48
Your enchantment spells cloud the minds of even those who
would otherwise resist their effects.
Prerequisite: Spell Focus (enchantment) or enchanter
level 1st.
Benefit: Any foe required to save against an enchantment
spell you cast takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls and to AC for
1 round, regardless of the result of the save. This is a mindaffecting
effect.
Special: An enchanter can select this feat as a wizard
bonus feat.[/sblock]
Silent Spell(beguiler 5th)
Touch of Distraction (6th)
[sblock]Complete Mage, pg. 48
Your touch briefly clouds the mind of a foe, impeding its
efforts.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 3rd-level spells.
Benefit: As long as you have an enchantment spell of 3rd
level or higher available to cast, you can cloud the mind of a
creature within 30 feet as a standard action. The target takes
a -2 penalty on its next single attack roll or Reflex saving
throw. If the target makes no attacks or Reflex saves within
a number of rounds equal to the level of the highest-level
enchantment spell you have available to cast, the effect ends.
Multiple uses of this feat don't stack. This is an enchantment
(compulsion), mind-affecting effect.
As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to
your caster level when casting enchantment spells.[/sblock]
Still Spell(beguiler 10th)
Rapid Metamagic (9th)
[sblock]Complete Mage, pg. 46
You possess an uncanny mastery of your magic, enabling you
to modify spells on the fly much faster than others can.
Prerequisites: Spellcraft 12 ranks, ability to spontaneously
cast spells.
Benefit: When you apply a metamagic feat to a spontaneously
cast spell, the spell takes only its normal casting
time.
Normal: Spontaneous casters applying metamagic must
either take a full-round action (if the spell normally requires
a standard action or less) or add a full-round action to the casting
time (if the spell takes 1 full round or longer to cast).[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Skill Tricks (Complete Scoundrel)]
Conceal Spellcasting (SoH vs. Spot)
Swift Concentration (maintain concentration as swift action)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Before Morrolan can act the bones of the dead in the room adjacent start to stir. In a short time first one than another skeleton appears as if suddenly animated.

Renard looks to them and says confidently, "I can handle these things, help the others." Then the archivist starts casting a spell.

[sblock=OOC] No need for skeleton tokens they are normal and probably not much of a threat as they are also unarmed. [/sblock]

OOC: Morrolan to end the round.

Remove ads