City of Tomorrow IC (DC/Blood of Heroes)

hero4hire

Explorer
The News is abuzz with word of Superman (along with the rest of the Justice League) currently fending off another World Threatening Menace. With the Man of Steel busy; Metropolis PD barely can keep up with the sudden, but predictable spike in crime across the city. It seems that when there is no threat of the Big Red S coming to save the day; the bad guys will play.

But there are others in the Big Apricot that patrol the City Streets and Skyline, doing what they can to protect the innocent...

Amidst the Dark Night Sky, almost invisibly, a Black Hovercraft lands upon a garish building marked STAR Labs.
STARLabs.jpg

OOC:
Deux es Machina: During your various “patrols” your heroes each spot and follows the craft or otherwise sees it land on the roof of STAR Labs.
It came from over the Harbor waters and STAR Labs is located across from Centennial Park.
Please include something in your intro post that will give the “viewers” a feel for your character's personality. :)

Last edited:

"Turn to your left." *Flash*
"Tug on your blouse." *Flash*
"More." *Flash*
"Now pull it over your head." "You first."
He laughed, "Never mind. How about a big smile?" *Flash*
"Good" *Flash*
"GOOD" *Flash* *Flash*
--

Slipping on her shoes, Geneva picked up her purse and checked her phone. She had a text from Jason and two from her agent.

"Ms Gyre, are you gonna come see the pics?" the photographer's assistant called to her from the other side of the changing partition.

"No, I gotta go," she said as stepped from behind the partition. "Just send the final proofs to the agency and I'll go over them there."

"Okay."

She felt bad for lying. Technically, Geneva did not have anywhere to go. The text from her husband told her he had been called away and would not be home tonight. So she really did not have anything to do. She could catch on some shows she has been meaning to binge. She could read one the books stacked on her nightstand. She could call, Jennifer, an old high school friend who left a message and she's been meaning to call back for the last few weeks, no months. It's been months. Again she feels bad thinking about it.

No, tonight, Geneva was not busy. No, tonight, she was going to fly. Bubbles was going to fly.
--
A few hours later, Geneva, looking as non-descript as she can, ducks into an alleyway and Bubbles flies up and out into the sky. The first few minutes in costume were usually the same, flying out over the river at high speeds. She lacked the man in blue's super vision and super hearing and thus flying over 200 mph made it difficult to see or hear crime. But the wind in her hair made her feel energized. But after a few minutes, it was time to get to work. She swooped back into the city and flew slowly just above the brownstones in the area looking for stuff out of place.

She had just run off a mugger when she caught sight of a black hovercraft entering central Metropolis. Curious, she floated up followed it, discretely, to the centrally located S.T.A.R. Labs building.

Blockade stepped out onto the sidewalk, his late-night dinner of several Big Belly Burgers and glasses of Soder resting comfortably inside him. Immediately, cameras started flashing, just as they'd been doing ever since he took the championship belt. It had only gotten worse since the Metrodome incident.

Questions battered him from all sides, some about the incident, others about his upcoming match with Black Jack Parrish. He answered the latter, "When Black Jack gets in the ring with me, he'll learn what it's like to play with the big boys." He answered several other questions in the same vein, before saying, "Sorry, fellas, but I gotta go. I've got an appointment with my pillow."

As he made his way home through the park, a dark shadow crossed the moon. Looking up, he saw stars wink out and then back, in a straight line headed across the park. There was something flying up there, and it was bigger than the man in blue. He changed course to follow it, but didn't bulk up...not yet.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Jacob ended up every night in the same place all the craziness, that was his life now, had started. Across the street from S.T.A.R. labs (in a dark alley actually). He was in full regalia tonight and it felt strange to look like a mugger when all you really want to do was help. He thought once more of the renderings of a costume he had in his sketch book at home. Sighing, he knew he had no money for any sort of "offical" costume, so until then it was blue jeans, sneakers, knee pads, ski mask, and a Matrix coat until he did.

He knows Supes probably never started out like this, but he had no right to think of himself in that (or any other established heroes) league. One last glance at the name on the building across the street and then he was going to go off on patrol.

"Wait, that's odd." He thinks as a dark hovercraft lands on the roof. "A. That isn't the loading dock area. And B. It is way to late for any kind of delivery."

Ducking quickly out of the alley he tries to get closer to the building, using whatever cover he can find. "You can do this. You can do this." he repeats quietly under his breathe, trying to build up some kind of courage.

OOC: Stealth with a DEX of 7

hero4hire

Explorer
Bubbles
From her lofty height the majesty that is the Metropolis skyline at night can be appreciated by Bubbles.
2193sr3_CitySkyline_Night.jpg

Of more note is the Craft, hovering idle mere feet over the rooftop of STAR Labs. Looking more like a flying tank than hover vehicle.
Warren_Manser_THE_DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_20130425-185336.png

A reinforced security door to access the building is hanging wide open. The panel next to it splayed open and hacked.

0/Gs/Blockade
From the street STARLabs building looms impressively.

O/Gs sees the lumbering figure of Blockade approach the building just as the vehicle disappears onto the rooftop from his vantage.

Blockade also sees the vehicle disappear from his line of sight.

OOC: Blockade may roll me a Perception Check (Int/Will) vs OGs unskilled Stealth. (Roll 2d10, if you get doubles reoll, save for double ones.)

And Actions for everyone.

Last edited:

OOC: [roll0][roll1]

My Att/Eff values: 5/3
His Opp/Res values: 7/7 (unskilled)

Action table (with a +2 column shift penalty for unskilled) gives a target number of 9.
Roll of 17 gives 2 column shifts on Result table

Result table (with a +2 column shift penalty for unskilled) gives 1 RAP, but the column shift increases that to 3 RAPs.

Blockade spots 0/Gs (if I did all that correctly)

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: You spot him because he is staring up and shaking in his boots. lol

"It's so high," 0/Gs says as his head is thrown all the way back looking up at the building. "Just don't look up, don't look up."

Crouching down the young man brings forth his power to negate the gravity around himself (and sometimes others), Blockade knows the man in black is about to leap up to the rooftop.

OOC: Action, launch myself to the rooftop. Unless Blockade stops him.
First hero vs hero mistaken identity fight haha.

rolls to leap he doesn't
Fear: [roll0], [roll1]
Action: [roll2], [roll3]

Blockade tromps up to the figure crouching near the bushes and leans over him, blocking his view of the roof. "What are you doing skulking around here?"

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: Roll of 17 gave 3 column shifts Full RAPs +1 So 4 RAPs. Which was a complete success.

Blockade has Popularity & Limelight so 0/Gs recognizes him as a famous Pro Wrestler.

Last edited:

Remove ads