• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Tomorrow OOC (DC/Blood of Heroes) {Game Started but accepting up to TWO others}

EarlyBird

Explorer
The character is suppose to be more support if we had a group of 4-5, if there is only going to be two players, and maybe one NPC I could design a more beatstick character. And we can at least beat up some thugs and robots and such.

Not that I need it, but I'm surprised there's not a power limitation like Check Required or Activation. Seems like it would look something like a disadvantage but apply to the Factor Cost of a power:

ACTIVATION
When you attempt to use this power you must overcome the power's activation resistance:
FrequencyResistanceFactor Cost Mod
Very Rare5-1
Rare8-2
Uncommon11-3
Common14-4
Frequent18-5

And looking on the internet I see I've just reinvented the wheel: At Writeups.org

Oh, and I can't find anywhere one might pay to know more than one language. Is there an HP cost for that?

hero4hire

Explorer
I know they updated Scholar to include Languages in the latest ruleset. From what I recall the cost was based on if you bought an individual language or a greater language group. I wi ll check tonight after work as I do not have an e-book of Blood of Heroes.

That sounds like it costs more than, say, 5 HP to speak a new language. Sounds like a steep cost. I'm just about done. I just need to scare up an image and flesh out her husband's character. Sheet to follow.

hero4hire

Explorer
Just checked. One language in your native group 2hp (English is listed in Germanic group) Your entire native group 5hp
One language outside your native group 5hp
An entire group outside your native 10hp

Bubbles

This is basically complete. A pastiche to Dazzler and Speedball, kind of.

VITAL STATISTICS
Hero ID:
Civilian ID:
Motivation:
Marital Status:
Bubbles
Geneva Gyre
Model/Singer
Thrill Seeker
Married
Hair:
Height:
Weight:
blue
blond
5' 11" (180 cm) in flats
9 stone (126#, 57 kg)
Starting HP:
Attribute HP:
Powers, Skills & Wealth HP:
Advantages HP:
Drawbacks:
450+50
+75
Initiative:+15Wealth:10 APSpent HP:
Remaining HP:
[
ATTRIBUTES
AV/OV
DEX:
INT:
INFL:
Value
Effect
STR:
WILL:
AURA:
Value
Resistance
BODY:
MIND:
SPIRIT:
Normal
Current
Costs
42+18+60=120
18+18+36=72
42+24+36=102
POWERS, SKILLS, and WEALTH
AP LevelDescriptionFactorHP Cost (base+ap)
BODYEnergy Blast, Kinetic energy bubbles, Linked to BODY
A stream of tiny charged light bubbles concusses against the target.
115+10=25
8Flight 1 mile/rnd
A trail of light bubbles, like a propulsion stream, trails her as she flies
210+20=30
10Glue, Kinetic draining bubbles
The bubbles cling to the target and the ground/walls to hold them fast in place.
515+80=95

8Artist: Musician/Singer25+20=25

10Wealth $25,600/wk232
ADVANTAGES
Attractive
Connection: Her Booking Agent, Sheila Skylark
Insta-Change
DRAWBACKS
Attack Vulnerability: Darkness Effects, -2 CS
Irrational Fear: Slimy things, Serious RV 11
Married: Jason Kildare
BACKGROUND
Geneva (JEN eh vuh) Gyreston (GIE er stun) was born in London, third child, to Gerald and Mary Gyreston. She started singing in church choir at a young age and became a soloist by her 10th birthday. In her teens, she joined a rock band, The Furies, and began her singing career. Her agent convinced her to change her name to Gyre and she had it legally changed when she turned 18. She left The Furies around the same time after breaking up with the guitarist when he didn't want her to become a page 3 girl for a London tabloid. After posing for the paper, she started a modelling career. Her modeling career allowed her to travel the world as a young adult. Eventually she was noticed singing in a small club in New York sitting in with a random band by her future agent, Sheila Skylark. Sheila got her a music deal and she recorded her first album.

In New York, she gigged for a year with some session players to practice for the album. While driving to a gig, the van was driven off the road and where it landed in a pool of slimy water that caused the musicians to die from poisonous fumes. She survived and watched horrified as they dissolved into a slimy goo. She was found by EMTs on the side of the road. No sign of the musicians was found. In the hospital she discovered she could create small bubbles of light, similar to soap bubbles. When she found out she could fly, she knew she had to use any excuse to fly that she could. So she trained herself to use these light bubbles as much as she could and discovered they weren't made of light at all, but instead some kind of kinetic energy force. With her growing wealth she was able to purchase a superhero costume which can be activated with a thought.

She has no idea how she was the only survivor of the accident and sometimes feels she owes the dead musicians to use the powers she was given. (Unknown to Gen is that her father was a costumed hero many years ago, he retired when he met Mary. Gen only survived the acid pit because her father was metahuman and she inherited the potential from him.) She doesn't patrol often but she will duck out of a gig if she sees something illegal going on that requires a superhero to handle it.

Her agent contacted her shortly after that and sent her on an interview with Jason Kildare. Jason is a reporter for a lifestyle website. They immediately hit it off and eventually fell in love. They've been married for a couple years. He knows about her superpowers (the rest of the family do not). When they married, she moved to Metropolis.
Known Relatives: Jason Kildare (Husband), Gerald Gyreston (Father), Mary Gyreston (Mother), Sybil Dunning (Sister), Frank Dunning (Brother-in-Law), Terry Dunning (Niece), and John Gyreston (Brother)
Group Affiliation: Virgin Records (label artist)
Base of Operations: Metropolis​

DESCRIPTION
Geneva is a stunning woman. She wears her long, blond hair down. She dresses in trendy clothes. She has a tattoo on her ankle of a heart and name Jason written on it. Her speaking voice is high pitched. She can sing across seven octaves. On stage, she varies her wardrobe between leather rock-chick chic and jeans and a tee depending on her mood.

As Bubbles, she wears a blue leotard with a white rigid top and a blue jacket over that. Her costume includes a mask and matching boots. Her powers cause her to emit small bubbles of light, similar to glowing soap bubbles, in various colors ranging in radius from 1 to 6 inches. They cling to her body and float around her. When she flies, they trail behind her for several yards before dissipating. Her blast attack causes a beam of these bubbles to stream forth at her target. Her glue attack looks similar but the bubbles cause the targets to be held in place. When she speaks as Bubbles, she uses a very high pitch, even higher than Betty Boop.

PERSONALITY
Geneva has a joie de vivre that can be infectious. She is normally flirty and loves a good joke. She will sometimes pretend to be the dumb blond if she really hates someone. She hides that she is haunted by the deaths of her bandmates beneath her positive thinking facade.
bubbles dc heroes.png
Jason Kildare
Background: Jason is a music reporter for a major lifestyle website. He was born in Boston and grew up wanting to be a musician. He started working at a local paper during college reviewing local bands and was eventually hired full time. He moved on to several different paper and websites since landing at the national website he works for now.
Known Relatives: Geneva Gyre (Wife), Martin Kildare (Father), Eleanor Kildare (Mother, deceased), Jerry Kildare (Brother)
Group Affiliation: Catco Inc (employee)
Base of Operations: Metropolis​

Description: Jason is a good looking man in his late twenties. He normally wears dress casual clothing unless he's going to see a band when he wears jeans and old touring tee-shirts.
Age: 29; Eyes: Green; Hair: Reddish Brown, shoulder length; Height: 6' 1"; Weight: 175#​

Personality: Jason is easy going and, unless he's interviewing someone, tends to let other dictate the direction of a conversation.
[table="align:left][tr][td]DEX: 3
INT: 4
INFL: 5[/td][td]STR: 2
WILL: 3
AURA: 2[/td][td]BODY: 3
MIND: 4
SPIRIT: 2[/td][/tr]
[/table]Artist: Writer 5, Detective: Clue Analysis 6, Thief: Stealth 5, Weaponry: Firearms 4
Sharp Eye, Area Knowledge Metropolis
Catestrophic Irrational Fear: Silence/Deafness RV 18

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
The character is suppose to be more support if we had a group of 4-5, if there is only going to be two players, and maybe one NPC I could design a more beatstick character. And we can at least beat up some thugs and robots and such.
I think with some tweakage 0/G could be combat ready support type. I don't like to overstep bounds with chargen; but if you need some help EB let me know.

hero4hire

Explorer
I just checked out writeups.org again after a long time. I still have a couple dozen character writeups Seb has yet to change on there.

Remove ads