D&D (2024) Class Iconic Art in the 2024 Player's Handbook

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Gnomes have very angular faces and pointed ears

Halflings have rounded faces and human-like ears.
Yeah, Gnomes have almost Muppets like facial features.

Halfling features are more Humanish, but rounded in an odd, still not normal way. Pretty easy yo spot tge different sight.

GarrettKP

Adventurer
Some early speculation before the Cleric video (the following is from the first PHB overview video):

War and Trickery Clerics?

Attachments

• War Cleric.png
    War Cleric.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • Trickery Cleric.png
    Trickery Cleric.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 62

Chaosmancer

Legend
Whoo! Best thread XD

I will note in the cleric section, in terms of which subclasses there are, we will see Life, Light, Trickery and War. I also am fairly sure either the Life or Light is the Tiefling woman who is freeing the girl from possession. I'll try and grab screenshot of the art during the video today.

Figured someone else would throw the numbers up, but since they haven't and I like counting things.

Aasimar: 4
Tiefling: 4
Dwarf: 5
Elf: 9
Human: 8
Goliath: 3
Orc: 3
Halfling: 3
Gnome: 5
Dragonborn: 7
Unknown: 3 (Mercy Monk I believe is human, Psy Warrior is possibly human or goliath, GOO Warlock is possibly human or Goliath)

Male: 28
Female: 23
Unknown: 3 (Valor Bard could be the only female dragonborn, Elf Eldritch Knight, and Fiendlock Tielfing)

A lot of the dragonborn seem to be men, but that could be an art change as well.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Good portraits, I like them.

My only gripes is that it looks more like a fantasy add for Sephora than a rogue gallery of daring adventurers ( maybe not for the abjurer, he's in great need of good skin care)! Adventuring is the domain of beautiful people rocking that 18 charisma.

PHB 2024: all about that hairdoe!

GarrettKP

Adventurer
Whoo! Best thread XD

I will note in the cleric section, in terms of which subclasses there are, we will see Life, Light, Trickery and War. I also am fairly sure either the Life or Light is the Tiefling woman who is freeing the girl from possession. I'll try and grab screenshot of the art during the video today.

Figured someone else would throw the numbers up, but since they haven't and I like counting things.

Aasimar: 4
Tiefling: 4
Dwarf: 5
Elf: 9
Human: 8
Goliath: 3
Orc: 3
Halfling: 3
Gnome: 5
Dragonborn: 7
Unknown: 3 (Mercy Monk I believe is human, Psy Warrior is possibly human or goliath, GOO Warlock is possibly human or Goliath)

Male: 28
Female: 23
Unknown: 3 (Valor Bard could be the only female dragonborn, Elf Eldritch Knight, and Fiendlock Tielfing)

A lot of the dragonborn seem to be men, but that could be an art change as well.

I posted in another thread with my count, and we are close to the same.

Human - 10
Elf - 8
Dragonborn - 6
Dwarf - 5
Gnome - 5
Aasimar - 4
Tiefling - 3
Orc - 3
Goliath - 3
Halfling - 2

Of note: I am not counting Bard and Cleric until we get them confirmed in the videos. I also have a higher Human count because I count Psi Warrior, Mercy, and GOOLock as humans. I am fairly certain about Mercy and GOO, but beginning to lean towards Hill Goliath for Psi Warrior.

Also, I still think the Wild Heart is a Dwarf. I need to see the full spread but it doesn't scream Halfling to me.

Last edited:

GarrettKP

Adventurer
She is buff, but her facial structure and limb proportions are wrong for a Dwarf, and she appears to be Small not Medium.
Her proportions seem the same as the Dwarf Gloomstalker to me. Specifically looking at their left arms, they seem the same. They also have largely the same chin.

Ultimately to me, it is about their body size. All the Dwarf art we have seen is on the thicker side, vs the two undisputed Halflings which have much skinnier limbs and torsos. I just do not think Halfings get that thick.

Remove ads